Can't seem to install Plugin 5.0.0.14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't seem to install Plugin 5.0.0.14

I have 5.0.0.7 installed. I would like to update to the latest version 5.0.0.14 however when I go to install the update it always fails. I even have tried disabling the plugin first and then installing.

Anyone have this issue?

Anyone know a workaround?

Are there any errors in the HS log file when you try to download and install? Is the HSPI_GCIR.exe still running in the event viewer? Did you try disabling the plugin and then restarting HS and then try to install?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes I tried that, and I checked the processes and it doesn't appear to be running

<TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Nov-24 7:44:39 PM </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Updater Error </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Installation of package HomeSeer Global Cache IR Controller failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Nov-24 7:44:39 PM </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Updater Error </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Copying source to C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_GCIR.exe, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_GCIR.exe' because it is being used by another process.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

This error is typically caused by the exe still running or possibly an anti-virus scanning the file.

Comment

I have had that same error on the last 2 updates for this plugin even after the plugin is disabled. I normally just shutdown HS3 and remove or move the HSPI_GCIR.EXE file and then restart HS and do the update. I checked last time and even though the plugin was disabled it said that the HS3 process had the file opened.

Jeff

Comment

Well manually installing the plugin works. HS3 had the file locked so there was no way to install it through the updater.

I was trying to avoid reconfiguring everything but I guess it wasn't that bad since my configuration wasn't extensive

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              This error is typically caused by the exe still running or possibly an anti-virus scanning the file.
              No virus scan and the exe wasn't running. Even with the plugin disabled HS3 locks the file

Comment

I would suggest putting in a Bugzilla ticket on this issue.

Comment

Working...
                X