GC-100 Plugin problem with HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC-100 Plugin problem with HS3

I just got the GC-100-6 and have HomeSeer 3 (3.0.0.152) and installed the Global Cache IR Controller Plugin version 5.0.0.15 via the Updates utility in HS3.

When HomeSeer starts up I get the following message:

1/26/2015 6:55:52 PM ~!~Global Cache Error~!~ERROR in InitGCIR - Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.87.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. - Line# 70 Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Upon reading the logs as the message instructs the only new information is this:

ERROR in InitGCIR - Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.87.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. - Line# 70

In the Plug-ins > Manage screen, the status of the plugin shows as "OK" and is licensed.

Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Victor

What hardware are you running HS3 on? What OS are you running HS3 one?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Sorry, about that, I should have posted that information. Doh!

I'm running HS3 on a Windows 7 based server Core i7, 12 GB RAM.

Comment

SQLite depends on VC++ Redistributables to be installed, they are probably missing on your system. You may want to update to the latest version of HS3 as it should install these if they are missing.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I just upgraded to 3.0.0.152 today. Is there a newer version? If so, It's not giving me the option to download it when I restart HS3.

Also, I assume that your referring to Visual C++. I have Visual C++ 2010 x86 and x64 Redistributable both installed already.

Is that the correct versions?

Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks for the help Rupp! I really appreciate it.

Had and idea. I installed Visual C++ 2013 (12.0) in case the older 2010 version was not correct. Rebooted, no luck. Same exact problem.

I'm figuring at this point that Visual C++ is not the problem.

Comment

Unfortunately I'm not sure what your issue is. Do you have a test server that you could load a trial of HS3 on and then just this plugin to see if it works? It must be a config issue I'm just not sure what the issue is exactly.
              Let me ask and see if I can find out.
              Last edited by Rupp; January 27, 2015, 05:02 PM.

Comment

That's not a bad idea. I have an older laptop I can try that on.

Thanks for your help and ideas!

Victor

Comment

On your system in the HomeSeer install folder, there is a bin folder, see if the file "System.Data.SQLite.dll" is in that folder.

Comment

Looks like there was a problem with the install package, go back to the plugins page and re-install the GC plugin, it should load without error now.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Just checked. Yes, that file is there in the folder:

Local Disk> Program Files (x86)> HomeSeer HS3> Bin> System.Data.SQLite.dll

Is there a way to check that file? Maybe it's damaged or something?

Maybe the Plugin is looking for it in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance,

Victor

Comment

HEY! How'd you do that!!!!!???????

IT WORKS!!!!! I re-installed it twice yesterday. Its the same version number of plugin, so what changed?

Thanks!!!

Victor

Comment

Ok, awesome! So we crossed that bridge, now to the next bridge that has to be crossed....

I'm using the Global Cache GC100-iTach plugin version 5.1.5. The GC-100-6 unit and GC-SC1 contact closure sensor cable adapter.

The unit works fine when I test it with the GTCTestUtility. The utility reports that the contact is either open or closed on the GC-SC1 as I touch the leads of the wire together and separate them.

The problem is that the Plugin in HS3 shows all three nodes as OFF and does not update at all and I can't seem to get it to update.

the light on the port of the unit that has the GC-SC1 plugged into it goes off/on as it should when the contacts are open/closed, but HS3 does not show the status.

At this point I cant find any setting in HS3 for those nodes that changes this.

Since I'm using this as contact closure and not as IR, I'm wondering if maybe I should be using the UltraJones UltraGCIR3 Plugin for this instead of the Global Cache plugin?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Victor

Comment

I forgot to mention. I've configured the nodes as "Sensor" in HS3. No luck. Changed the sensor type to Sensor with Auto Notify from the built in web page on the device, deleted the nodes in HS3, restarted HomeSeer.... Still no luck.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                            X