Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Global Cache IR Controller release information

Hi,

Why is there no information on what changes have been made since plugin version 4.0.0.9 and forward? I mean, we are at 5.0.0.17 now and BETA 5.0.0.20.

Can you please update so that I know if I should update or test the BETA.

Thanks,
    Anders

Just wanted to add that this is a super useful plugin that I use every day. The user interface is not very simple, it could use some big changes. But still it make my home automation a lot more useful.

Comment

For most plugins, the versions were bumped to 3.0.0.0, to coincide with HS3.

Since the HS2 version of global cache was already past that, we bumped it to 5.0.0.0.

The oldest compiled version I am seeing is for 5.0.0.7 from 8/14/2014.

It looks like 4.0.0.9 is for HS2, which would be the last revision for it on that platform.
      Wade

sigpic

website | products | support | youtube
      I know nothing...., nothing!!!

Comment

Does anyone know if the information is avaliable somewhere else? Or do I need to ask Global Cache about it? It is they who make the plugin, right?

I do use HS3.

Comment

While there are third party plugins for IR in HS3, the one that comes with HS3 Pro is a plugin developed in-house.

The version iterations are mostly bug fixes, as the base code was a port from the HS2 plugin.

I can tell you that a new update coming out in the near future will be utilizing an IR database that Global Cache has implemented to make the code commands easier to set up.
          Wade

sigpic

website | products | support | youtube
          I know nothing...., nothing!!!

Comment

iLearn is an ok tool to use to catch IR signals from remotes and clean them up. And it saves to files. For me it looks like a perfect match to be able to open/import these files with the plugin.

Comment

Working...
            X