Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with the GC plugin

Hi folks,

As a relative newbie I could use some help on this. I am trying to configure the plugin so that I can learn IR codes, save them and create virtual devices in HS3 pro. The device I am using is the Itach Ethernet which has a IR learner port.

I am able to install the plugin and manually add the Itach device which I configured with a static IP.

Moving on to the "Create IR" tab, the Type dropdown only shows "Paste Signal" (there is no "Learn Signal" option as described in the help file).

So I figured I would try "Paste Signal" instead. Using the Ilearner utility (from GC) I learned a command, and added the entry to the "Create IR" tab by manually pasting the IR code into the "IR Code" field and filling out all the other fields and clicking "Add". The new command now appeared below. I then tested the new command in the "Test IR" tab and it worked fine. However, when I go to Device Management, I cannot find any devices based on the command.

So for now, my questions are:

1) Why is there not a "Learn Signal" option in the Type dropdown ?

2) After creating a working command, why is an associated device not being created in Device Management in HS3?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you could provide

Dennis

I use Ilearn gc app, it creates a file......save many buttons to this one file. Then use import button on plugin, it works well
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
    BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
    DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Originally posted by dmurphy View Post
      I use Ilearn gc app, it creates a file......save many buttons to this one file. Then use import button on plugin, it works well
      Thanks for your reply! Could you please let me know where I can find the import button for the Global Cache Plugin? (My "Create IR" tab has no buttons - see below.)

Thanks

Dennis
      Attached Files

Comment

It is just dawning on me that we are talking about 2 different plugins. I believe what you are describing is the UltraGCIR3 plugin, whereas I was discussing the Global Cache GC100/Itach plugin

Based on this "discovery", I went ahead and started testing UltraGCIR3 instead, however the version I installed was unable to discover the Itach device on my network, even though the Ihelp utility was able to quickly find the device.

I will post this issue on the UltraGCIR3 forum.

Thanks

Dennis

PS - I would still be interested in knowing why the IRLearn option is not available in the Global Cache GC100/Itach plugin!

Comment

Working...
        X