Error installing Global Cache plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim,

I have sent .22 and .41 again to your email address. If you still don't get them let me know and I will try sending from a different email account when I get to work. Might check to make sure they are not getting blocked by spam or junk mail. The first ones were sent on the 19th I think and then again just a few minutes ago.

Jeff

Comment

Flex is not supported. Read through this. Ihttp://store.homeseer.com/store/Glob...ler-P1479.aspx

Comment

Sounds about right. They sell something that they don't support

Originally posted by jogentry View Post
        Flex is not supported. Read through this. Ihttp://store.homeseer.com/store/Glob...ler-P1479.aspx
        -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
        Way2 Call
        Elk M1 Gold
        UPB HAI switches
        HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Thanks Jeff! I appreciate you sending both files. I was able to get them both installed. .41 couldn't add the Flex at all. .22 installed fine. I could add the flex, but it couldn't send commands. More errors in the log. So I give up. I'll buy Ultra's plugin. It installs and works as you'd expect.

So to any newbies. Don't waste your money on HS Pro. HomeSeer plugins are poorly supported as this thread clearly shows and you have to buy third party plugins anyway.

Thanks again Jeff. I appreciate the effort!

Originally posted by cerjzc View Post
          Tim,

I have sent .22 and .41 again to your email address. If you still don't get them let me know and I will try sending from a different email account when I get to work. Might check to make sure they are not getting blocked by spam or junk mail. The first ones were sent on the 19th I think and then again just a few minutes ago.

Jeff
          -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
          Way2 Call
          Elk M1 Gold
          UPB HAI switches
          HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

According to this thread:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...highlight=flex

He was able to get his GC Flex device working with the latest beta at the time. Which was back in February. It doesn't mention which version of the plugin he is using though only that it was a Beta. I don't have a Flex device so I can't comment on if it works or not or how new of a version you need. Looking at my files I would say it was around version .22 or .23 when that post was made though.

Jeff

Comment

I bought the HS3 Pro a week ago. GC was one of the plugins I wanted, and its not working. Support have passed it on to the developers, but heard nothing again. What a waste of money. I wish I would have read this before, I would not have bought the Pro version. I will also most likely end up buying the 3rd party GC plugin, especially as I also have a Flex.

Comment

Well they are still working on it as .50 was just updated today in the internal beta's. It has also renamed the plugin to GC Pro and uses a completely new executable file, so I'm guessing it will be going to normal beta soon or maybe release, but I don't know what other functionality has been added/fixed as I don't have a Flex or some of the other GC devices.

So someone must be working with them on testing it although I don't know who or how long until it will be released. You might try the .50 internal beta before you give up on it to see if it works for you or adds some new functionality. If I had any of the devices that you were having trouble with I would test it. For my GC uses the HS version has been 100 percent stable and my only issues are sometimes upgrading from one version to the next I might have to shutdown HS to get the file to copy over.

Jeff

Comment

We're close to release on the new version... hang in there! An official beta is probably just 1-2 weeks away. Here are some screen shots:
                  Attached Files
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                  X