Codeset Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codeset Limit

Is there a limit to the codesets that can be defined for a Global Cache unit?

I have 3 Global Cache units and as soon as I get to a codeset with a _10 I don't seem to be able to add more. I keep getting an error in the log.

i.e. IR_MR-3_10

Jan-20 4:06:43 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page GC_Settings: element already exists-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0

Can you give a little more details about your issue? Codesets are stored by the plugin.
    What plugin are you running? Where is the codeset coming from?
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.548
    Hometroller S6 | Devices: 832 | Events: 211
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .252 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLPLEX | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris4

Comment

I am running the Global Cache Pro plugin and I am trying to add the OPPO Digital, BluRay, Address 1 codeset.

I am able to retrieve it, select a command and test it successfully.

When I try to add it, I get the error in my previous post.

On that unit I have 1 codeset on port 1 and 7 on port 3.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here are the remaining config screens and the error
        Attached Files

Comment

Some more info that may help with finding a solution:

On any one of my Global Cache devices... as soon as I add a codeset that gives the _10 item tag, I am unable to add any more. If I delete this codeset I can again add one.

It is strange that as I add them they do not increment sequentially. i.e. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,_10.

I am using PI 2. Maybe there is a limit?

The good thing - I only need to add one more for now.

Thanks

Comment

I do notice one thing peculiar, on your FR unit you have all your codeset's loaded on port 1.
            Port 1 & 2 are for single emitters and you have six codeset's downloaded to that port. How can that work? Are you using a blaster emitter?

10 codeset's per port could easily be a program limit, HS keeps it all in a sql database file, I could see there beIng a method to not go back and fill the gaps so to speak.

Could you erase the 6 codeset's and start over without deletes and re-download the 7 you need?
            Blair

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

My BRLH and FR are iTachFlexWiFi which only have the 1 port. They both have blasters.

My MR is a iTachWF2IR with an emitter on port 1, nothing on port 2, and a blaster on port 3.

I too have thought about deleting and then sequentially adding but as I have done some extensive renaming and modifying to repeat of many codes I am hesitant. If I knew more about where and how the devices are stored I could possibly do some kind of backup and restore if it didn't work. Maybe I'll delete the motorized TV mount to put in the Bluray player.

Is it someone at Homeseer who wrote the plugin? If so maybe they have some documentation. Lot's of fun no matter the limitations.

Comment

The tech support at global cache are easy to work with, have talked to them on the phone and thru email several times.

Yes HS developed this plugin in fact they modified it due to an issue I had on one system where I was running 6 - IP2IR and 12 - IP2CC. They added the little tick box on the devices tab that turns on debugging.

I've found the Mimo2+ works well controlling Nexus TV lifts.

The ir database is in the HS folder, it's name is hsgcir.dB (I think) it can be backed up and restored.

Lots of fun here, check out a post I made on continuous volume control, using HS touch and an IR command called "stopir"

Have fun.
                Blair

Comment

Working...
                X