Global Cache Pro plugin stops working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Cache Pro plugin stops working

I have 4 IP2CC added to the plugin. They were recognized perfectly by the plugin.

After a while of turning on/off the relays, the plugin stops working abruptly.

This is the error I see on the interface(s) page:

Click image for larger version

Name:	plugin error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	359.3 KB
ID:	1212044

Now, the plugin after a long while, starts working again just fine, but that's after a LONG wait, maybe around 15 to 20min.

What is causing this?

EDIT: System Profile:

Current Date/Time: 2/8/2018 3:57:40 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 4 Hours 35 Minutes 31 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.12.36
    Number of Devices: 20
    Number of Events: 58
    Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
    0.0.0.27: drhsIpPlugIn
    5.0.0.58: Global Cache Pro
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave
    Last edited by dchramcow; February 8th, 2018, 03:01 PM.

I'm getting something similar. Kind of.

I've just hooked up a relay for the first time and have been using Device manager to try to turn it on and off. It went on once and I've never been able to control it again. After activating it, I get this in the log after ~20 seconds:

Code:
    Error  Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Global Cache Pro:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Then maybe another 30 seconds I get:

Code:
    Warning  Plugin Global Cache Pro is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Please advise.

I'm on 5.0.0.58 and have a GC-100-12/18 unit. I tried to update to 5.0.0.59 but it wiped out all my configuration which took a LONG time to do. I completely restored the directory from a backup (losing a day of work) to revert back to 5.0.0.58. I'll post this separately as well.

Tahl

Comment

Has anyone found a fix for this?

Comment

I know this is not the answer we need, but mine started working correctly after updating to the latest version (back then). I don't recall doing anything other than that.

Comment

FIX: If you reboot the PC, chances are, HS is coming up "too fast" before the Wireless Internet connection has been established, and therefore HS will not discover, or initiate any Global Cache IP address. - - Stop and Start HS again, only after verifying a successful Internet connection such as Google etc.
          A BETTER FIX: Use a direct Copper Ethernet cable to the PC which will establish a connection much quicker than wireless while booting up. (I wish HS was delayed just a few more seconds before starting up when the PC was rebooted).

SYMPTOMS:
          1) The HS "Device" menu will just show the previous state = "Connected" but nothing happens if you try to disconnect or reconnect. (HS bug in my opinion)
          2) The HS UltraGCIR3 Plug-In menu will show: DEVICE COUNT = "0"
          I have two Global Cache units which seemed to stop working randomly. Each time this happened I got closer to what triggered it but it took a year to finally put 2 and 2 together through the process of elimination.

NOTES: In the HS "Device" menu you can check mark and delete the Global Cache devices and they will re-appear automatically "if" HS sees their IP running while HS is coming up.
          Normal IP addresses for two Global Cache units are: 1) 10.0.0.92 and 2) 10.0.0.223
          BROWSER TEST: In your browser, you can type these addresses (above) into the URL line and you should see their OVERVIEW menu at the left side. Click on the INFRARED menu at the left and you should see: | 1 = IR Out Connector | 2 = IR out Connector | 3 = IR out. Only use the "IR Blaster" option if you have a "stick-shaped" LED blaster cable plugged into port 3 (or whatever port has one).
          Oct 15 2018 John Avenson

Comment

Working...
          X