Solved: Westinghouse TV codes not working with Global Cache set repeat rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solved: Westinghouse TV codes not working with Global Cache set repeat rate

I have spent over 2 weeks trying to get the Global Cache Pro plugin to work with my Westinghouse TV's. I have three of them in my game room setup. Control works fine through my URC remote modules, but I could not get the itach to control the TV's. I did have a clue, once I started using an emitter with an LED. I noticed that the URC commands lit up the emitter very brightly. The itach via homeseer barley flickered. I knew it was not a power issue, because I am routing the itach through the URC box. I also tried it direct and had the same results. I wasn't able to find much help on here or the web. I found the API from global cache and read through that. I played around trying to learn codes and using the built in codes. Finally through trial and error I figured out where the "repeat" value was at in the IR command. I changed it from 1 to 4 and everything works great! I have included a picture below for anyone else that may be having trouble getting a device controlled. By the way once I found this trick, I also was able to get the generic Sony codes to work with the Westinghouse TVs. Once you have the device setup, go the the manage codes tab and select the function, and then choose "edit above" The number you want to change is after the frequency. In my case it was 400000,1,1.... I changed it to 400000, 4,1... as you can see in the screenshot. I hope this helps anyone that is struggling with getting a device to work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IR Info.PNG
Views:	95
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1250989

I work with Samsung monitors and I always double the Power On command.
    great writeup btw
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.548
    Hometroller S6 | Devices: 832 | Events: 211
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .252 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLPLEX | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris4

Comment

Originally posted by BlairG View Post
      I work with Samsung monitors and I always double the Power On command.
      great writeup btw
      Do you know of a way to directly edit the IR commands in a file? It takes forever to change each one in the plugin.

Comment

Would you need to add repeat values to that many codes ??
        Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.548
        Hometroller S6 | Devices: 832 | Events: 211
        Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .252 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
        BLLAN | BLPLEX | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris4

Comment

I have several different devices (3 TVs, pioneer rcv and binary switcher that will not work with the default 1. When I set the repeat to 4 they work fine.

So every command I want to send has to be edited manually.

Comment

Working...
          X