What is wrong with this plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with this plugin?

I installed version .59 and now all of my codesets are gone and I cannot add any codes from GC WF2IR. Now it is not even supported!!!??? The plugin used to be awesome. What happened?! This was the main reason I bought homeseer, now its mostly useless.

I know that I wasn't overly happy with the last update. I lost my 2 devices and had to re-add them. Are you saying they are no longer available?
    Mine works fine now without issue after re-adding them.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Anyone know why this plugin isn’t supported anymore? IR isn’t something that is going away anytime soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

My itach unit shows up on Homeseer "Manage Units" tab, GC iHelp, and my network router, but in Homeseer there is nothing under "Manage Codesets" and I cannot add any ports under "Manage Codes".

Comment

Just updated to the latest plugin and getting this error.

Comment

You guys either need to put in support requests or switch to the other GC plugin.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

deleted my previous post and admitting my idiocy. I was not using the pro version. Changed to that and reloading my devices (which is arguably easier)

Comment

For anyone else who sees this, I absolutely AM using Global Cache Pro, installed .59, it deleted all of my Global Cache devices, IR codes and (the cherry on top) won't let me add a device in. Looking at the GC Pro plugin terminal cmd window on the Homeseer system, all it says is

Code:
                Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
                Connected, waiting to be initialized...
                Also, looked in the log and here's the entries related to Global Cache:

Code:
                 [TABLE="class: log_table_row, cellspacing: 0"]
                [TR]
                [TD="class: LogDateLong LogDateTime0, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]May-20 10:11:14 AM [/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="class: LogPri0, align: left"] [/TD]
                 			[TD="class: LogType0, colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Global Cache [/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="class: LogEntry0, colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Cannot open DB file! [/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="class: LogEntry0, colspan: 8, align: left"] [/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]
                Sweet. Gonna contact Homeseer to figure out what's going wrong.

Comment

Same happened here, upgraded to.59 and the devices stayed but all the IR codes etc are gone. HS Tyler wasnt aware of this issue, but quickly promoted the other guys product, just like Rupp.
                  was the purpose of .59 upgrade to send us all screaming? I have GCPRO installed at 6 different customers, this is crazy..
                  Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                  | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                  Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                  BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Does anyone know the purpose of the update? I think it was released after the decision not to support the plugin.
                    I have avoided doing the update and will continue to do so.

This is a great HomeSeer plugin adding a lot of ir versatility. Real shame that it isn't being supported.

DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
                      Does anyone know the purpose of the update? I think it was released after the decision not to support the plugin.
                      I contacted support@homeseer.com on 6/9 to request release notes be posted for .59. I received the following statement from Greg Hughes:

This plugin has been moved to legacy status which means it will no longer be updated and therefore no release notes.
                      After I pressed him again in a follow up email to post the release notes for .59, he replied on 6/13:

This has been assigned to the developer but it may be a bit before he schedules time to do this as this plugin is no longer being supported.
                      I am not holding my breath.

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
                      I have avoided doing the update and will continue to do so.
                      Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by BlairG View Post
                        Same happened here, upgraded to.59 and the devices stayed but all the IR codes etc are gone. HS Tyler wasnt aware of this issue, but quickly promoted the other guys product, just like Rupp.
                        was the purpose of .59 upgrade to send us all screaming? I have GCPRO installed at 6 different customers, this is crazy..
                        I suspected it was just the Infrared but the site where .59 was installed has a dozen IP2CC relay units that now are trashed.

Any way to Rollback to .58... the plug in would probably just see a trashed database.
                        Blair

Comment

I'm not sure... but does GCPRO fetch devices codes from the net? Again, I updated mine to .59 and was disappointed that my two devices were gone, but after re-adding them it has been working flawlessly since. If there is a file where the device codes live, then perhaps this can be passed around. If this is the case and someone knows what/where, I'd be willing to offer it up. I've looked in the obvious places but can't see any particular file relevant to GCPRO.

Robert
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I haven't counted but I know there are 5 IP2IR and 15 or 18 IP2CC. I had to telnet into one last night to close a gate, That's when I found out even the relay units are not working.

This is going to be a huge repair job$
                            Blair

Comment

I have updated this plugin to .59 and my current devices are still there but today I'm trying to add a new device and getting the following error and the codeset are not being pulled from the Global Cache site by the looks of it. As anyone else seen this?
                              Nov-16 12:53:16 PM Global Cache Error Login to Global Cache Failed.
                              Nov-16 12:52:45 PM Global Cache model selected: Most Models, retreiving codeset...
                              Nov-16 12:52:16 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page GC_Settings: The given key was not present in the dictionary.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)

Comment

Working...
                              X