No announcement yet.

What is wrong with this plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get the same. Looks like Global Cache has pulled access to the files or HS doesn't have them anymore.

Comment

Are they kidding??? Your terrible development practices have completely screwed me tonight. I updated this plugin the other day and my global cache stopped working. I finally pulled things up to try and figure out why tonight, only to find errors like the ones posted in this thread. I tried removing the plugin so I could re-install it, because nothing else was helping. I then found that the plugin is gone!! I finally found it in legacy, and found that they "stopped supporting it". So.. you eff everyones config up by throwing a broken update out there, then stop supporting it?

To add further insult to injury, you advertised HS3 Pro as having all sorts of free (otherwise paid) plugins. Welp, I now count TWO!!!!!!!!!!!! Z-wave and netcam (which is garbage). Everything else has fallen by the wayside because you guys cannot hire another developer to actually maintain your crap. It looks like its from the 90's, and most of it no longer works. I'm so sick of paying 30 to 40 bucks every time I turn around for a stupid plugin. I think its finally time to give up on Homeseer.

I bought HS3 pro a few years back, and asked "will you just continue to update HS3, or will there be an HS4 released?" I was told that there will not be an HS4. Well, i've been hit up quite a few times in the last few months to give more money for HS4, which will be released "later this year". Who are they joking? These guys cannot stick to a timeline if their life depended on it.

To recap, I paid 600 dollars for HS3 Pro which includes lots of paid plugins, HS touch, and HS3. We are now down to 1 useful plugin that it comes with. HS Touch is a big huge disaster. I've wasted dozens of hours only for project files to get wiped out by the buggy utility, and to find out most of the stuff I even wanted to do with it was either not possible, was way too slow/inefficient, or required a ridiculous amount of time and customization to accomplish. in other words, HS touch was a HUGE letdown and a waste of money.

Homeseer is completely falling apart in my opinion. I think the only reason people are still using it is because the insane time investment required to get stuff setup. I think I am long overdue to switch to openhab or home assistant. They wont nickel and dime me, because its all open source.

Comment

The issue is that they are not large enough to make money selling HS3 code. They only sell a small amount and then the money stops coming in. The only way to make money for them is to SELL plugins, remember they take 30% of all 3P plugins they sell, or sell upgrades and new software. They are also a VERY small group of developers. They are engineers and sales people, they really don't have a staff of Software Lifecycle experts. I think Rich and Mark try to do it all themselves. This is why they nickel and dime stuff. Like $30 to transfer a license - at least they allow that now. Before their EULA said it was NOT transferable.

What i have noticed the HS does is that if they are working on a plugin and it proves to be too hard to fix or takes too much time, they will just mark it as legacy and walk away. They have too many bugs they are tracking. Normally, in a standard Software LC model, they focus one ONE thing at a time and bang it out until it is solid. Then they move on to the next, etc... It is not how HS seems to run though... I am almost SURE it is a funding/resource ratio issue...

So, if you want a perfect, polished and refined solution out of the box, go to Control4 or some other high end solution. This is just not professional software. It isn't designed to be and they don't claim that it is. I just went to HS3Pro from HS2 on Sunday - after 14 years on HS2 Hometroller. I ONLY went to HS3 because the HomeTroller died and I could not reinstall all of my HS2 plugins because they removed them from their updater store and I don't have the DLLs. If I can every figure out how to move back to HS2, I will.

They are trying though, you have to hand it to them. In the age of FREE automation from Google and Amazon, I can't imagine it is easy...
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
          In the age of FREE automation from Google and Amazon, I can't imagine it is easy...
          Dafunktyfunk I do agree with most of your statements, but this last one. Google, Amazon, Microsoft provide HA platforms that cost nothing to the consumer, however the things that you control like light bulbs, plugs, switches etc. have the "automation" built-into the cost. It's like buying a Windows desktop computer and saying that Windows OS is for free because you don't pay for it at the register.

Comment

True, you pay for it in the devices but, you also pay for devices with HomeSeer so, that does really translate. All HomeSeer is, is a platform like Google or Amazon. The main reason I went with HS is so that I don't have to have internet to run it. Internet makes it easier and more accessible to the lay person but not really needed.

I just wish HomeSeer took better care of their customers. They dismiss us very easily at times and they don't listen. I am not sure how many BRAND NEW HomeSeer customers it gains every year but I know that a LARGE portion of it's base is embedded and have grown with HS over the years.

Ah well... It is what it is... If I don't like it, I will not buy HS4, which I wont. I will stay on HS3 as long as possible and then I will surely be old enough at that point to not give a damn... Or, we will have doo-dads and twirly-dos embedded in our brains... LOL...
            Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Working...
            X