Release Notes, Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release Notes, Please

They haven't been updated for a couple versions now...

According to this post and this post, updating to .59 is a risky proposition

The plugin has been moved to the Legacy section of the updater, so my guess is that you'll be waiting a while... My suggestion is to use the UltraGCIR plugin or if you'd like a free one, I believe drhsIpPlugIn also works with the GC devices. Search the forum for the latter one as it is not available through the updater. I switched from the HS GC plugin to the UltraGCIR plugin years ago and it has been rock-solid for me.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

sparkman Thank you for the info. The included GC Pro plugin has been solid for me for several years now. I am not inclined to move to a different plugin at this point since it would be a lot of work reconfiguring events, etc.

I just want to know what's up with this latest version of the plugin given the reports of severe issues in recent posts. Is this version going to hose my plugin config? What has changed that has caused these reported issues? If this latest version has inherent problems, will there be a fix, given the new "legacy" status of the plugin?

Just a little bit of transparency from is HST is in order here...

Comment

I have been using the HS GC plugin for years. No issues. I also use the drhsIp PlugIn for some IP controlled devices. I cannot even remember when I upgraded to .59 its that long ago. For me, no issues at all. Rock solid. .59 must be quite old

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
          I have been using the HS GC plugin for years. No issues. I also use the drhsIp PlugIn for some IP controlled devices. I cannot even remember when I upgraded to .59 its that long ago. For me, no issues at all. Rock solid. .59 must be quite old
          As far as I'm aware, v5.0.0.59 has only been in the updater for a short time. I didn't notice it in the "Update" column until a few weeks ago. The last version listed in the release notes is .56.

Comment

Maybe I ticked the update and forgot about it. That is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
              Just had an issue at update time loosing my 2 devices. Re-added and everything has been solid since.
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
                [USER="36007"]

Just a little bit of transparency from is HST is in order here...
                HS Rupp told us to switch to Ultra version. That's transparent?
                Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Especially since they claim the HSPro includes all these... If HS pulls their version then we need to be compensated as we bough this software with the understanding that plugs are available and FREE.

So, if HS pulls one of their "PRO" plugins, they need to provide a replacement...

HAHAHAHHAHA YEAH RIGHT...

Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Working...
                  X