Problem with learn and iConvert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with learn and iConvert

I need to learn a few commands as some are not in the database, others are but dont work. I use my GC-IRL on my PC to record the IR, and have it convert it to Global Cache. I am using a iTach IP2IR, and the device is on IR port 1.

This is the recorded comand:

sendir,1:1,1,40000,1,1,96,26,24,24,24,24,24,24,48,24,24,24,2 4,24,48,24,48,24,24,24,24,24,24,24,24,1064

I also have the hex code which I have working in iRule

0000 0067 0000 000D 0060 001A 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0030 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0030 0018 0030 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0428

I have copied the sendir... to the IR code and pressed 'test'. Nothing happens.
    The 2 devices below are from the database, and work fine.
    Attached Files

The format looks correct.

The plug-in automatically sets the correct node in the command string, so you don't need to edit it before saving it.

You may need to read the command a couple of times before you get one that works.

The reader coverts from analog to digital, then when emitted it's converted from digital back to analog, so it's not an exact science.

If you're using the IP2IR, then you can use the learn function built into the plug-in as it works the same as the one from Global Cache.

You can tell when the code is good, as you get a number of flashes from the emitter..., when it's not good you just get a single blip or nothing at all.
    Wade

sigpic

website | products | support | youtube
    I know nothing...., nothing!!!

Comment

So I plug my GC-IRL into my PL but then use the plug in to capture ? How would it know which USA it's plugged into or is there a learn receiver on the iTach ?
      Maybe the problem is the codes for the Sony TV as the Sony TV codes provided by global cache work via irule and iTach but not on the global cache plug-in via iTach, neither the learned ones or the built in ones.

Comment

You don't use the GC-IRL with the iTach..., the iTach IP2IR has a learner built into it.

Make sure your using the port you assigned when setting up the codeset..., from your image that would be port 1. (the lutron is on port 3)
        Wade

sigpic

Comment

Yes, its on port 1.
          A strange thing I notices when I was playing around with the Add Learn Test IR code section, Unit port, when I click on that I have iTachIP2IR -1 and iTachIP2IR -3, so I can add or learn commands for ports 1 and 3, but not for port 2 ? And I have port 2 connected, and when adding devices in manage codesets I can select port 2.
          I will try learning the TV codes with the IP2IR tonight see if it makes a difference. But its strange that the Sony database codes work via iRule but not via the plugin, same for the learnt commands.

Comment

The learning is not through the ports, but through the small hole next to the power input. (it's also used for resetting the device).

The output port is based on the port originally selected for the codeset.
            Wade

sigpic

Comment

Why cant I select port 2 for the learn function ? Is that a bug ?
              Or shall I just learn for port 1 then edit the sendir command for port 2 ?

Comment

The commands are edited by the plugin just prior to being sent out a port.

You select the codeset to add to, then use the learn to add a new code to that codeset.

You don't need to edit the learned codeset, the plugin does it for you afterwards.
                Wade

sigpic

Comment

Ok any idea of how I can get around this. My Sony TV does not like any commands of the Sony codeset. On my remote, I have no button for extension 5 (Input 5) which is a command I need. I have this command as Hex code which is working on my iRule (via the iTach). Do you see my problem ? The volume up and down and all other commands I can learn via the remote (well I will try later), but this one command which is the most important for me I cannot learn

Comment

Can you duplicate the command from multiple commands on the remote?

If that's possible, then you could set up an event to run the commands in order (with a small pause between.)

The plugin does not use hex codes for sending signals, only text.
                    Wade

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
                      Can you duplicate the command from multiple commands on the remote?

If that's possible, then you could set up an event to run the commands in order (with a small pause between.)

The plugin does not use hex codes for sending signals, only text.
                      Yes I could by pressing a button 5 times, but that is quite unreliable. I have used iConvert to convert Hex to GC, which is how I got the above sendir command.

Comment

Ok I tried learning a Sony TV command through the plugin from the iTach. Learning was ok, but when I press test nothing happens.

Comment

Mike
                          Are you using through new Pro version of GlobalCache?
                          Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.548
                          Hometroller S6 | Devices: 832 | Events: 211
                          Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .252 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                          BLLAN | BLPLEX | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris4

Comment

using the Pro version, but thought it was best to post here as this thread is busy and I thought it was the same ish anyway

Comment

Working...
                            X