Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WF2CC log errors

Hi

I installed the GC Pro plugin 5.0.0.56 from Beta and can initially control my WF2CC but then see the following errors in the log as the plugin freezes. New convert to HSPro from Vera and not sure if there are better logs I can share.

Aug-16 10:31:55 AM Global Cache Relay state for .44 - Relay 2: Closed
    Aug-16 10:31:13 AM Warning Plugin Global Cache Pro is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Aug-16 10:30:13 AM Warning Plugin Global Cache Pro is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Aug-16 10:29:13 AM Warning Plugin Global Cache Pro is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Aug-16 10:28:13 AM Warning Plugin Global Cache Pro is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Aug-16 10:27:13 AM Warning Plugin Global Cache Pro is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Aug-16 10:27:02 AM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Global Cache Pro:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Aug-16 10:26:56 AM Global Cache Relay state for .44 - Relay 3: Open
    Aug-16 10:26:55 AM Global Cache Relay state for .44 - Relay 1: Open
    Aug-16 10:26:32 AM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Global Cache Pro:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Aug-16 10:26:13 AM Warning Plugin Global Cache Pro is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Aug-16 10:26:02 AM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Global Cache Pro:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Aug-16 10:25:32 AM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Global Cache Pro:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Aug-16 10:25:13 AM Warning Plugin Global Cache Pro is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Aug-16 10:25:02 AM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Global Cache Pro:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Aug-16 10:24:32 AM Global Cache Relay state for .44 - Relay 1: Closed
    Aug-16 10:24:31 AM Global Cache Relay state for .44 - Relay 3: Closed

Please email support@homeseer.com about this issue and we can assign this to the plugin author to investigate.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Here we are running 7 of the IP2CC controlled by GC Pro. I saw this same error during install but found the problem was with connectivity issues with some of the ethernet drops. Restarting the plugin takes a while, I thought it was frozen, while actually it was trying to discover the devices that were offline. No more issues now that all of them are up and running.

Do you have a solid WiFi connection?
      Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
      | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
      Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
      BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Thanks, my wifi mgmt console shows this device consistently connected at around -37dBm which is about as good as you can get.

I've emailed support as Rupp suggested - I'll post any resolution here.

Comment

Do you have any stray virtual devices in the device manager? You should only see devices that are currently connected to a Global Cache device.

These get created when the GC device is added to Homeseer.

You should have 3 virtual devices..., one for each relay.
          Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

No stray virtual devices, I have tried uninstalling the plugin, deleting the left over devices and then reinstalling the plugin and recreating. I have only the 3 newly created devices, they function fine then freeze and then the "Object reference not set" and "not responding" errors start.

Comment

I've been continuing to poke at this without success. I wanted to looking deeper into Blairs comments about connectivity, it seems there are documented issues with the iTach units being picky about wireless connections - I've tried continuous pings from the homeseer server and don't see any drops or latency variation. I went ahead and connected the iTach to a dedicated WLAN & AP, running 802.11b & an open SSID and still see the issue. Is there anywhere I can enable debug logging for the Global Cache PRO Plug-In?

Also does anyone have a better suggestion for adding dry contact control into HomeSeer that I can try instead? I may make a Arduino based http controlled multi relay board if I can't make this reliable.

Thx

Comment

I will do some investigating on this.

It's a relay device, correct?

Is it wired or wireless?
                Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Thanks - its a wireless relay

Comment

Originally posted by Dav3m View Post
                    I've been continuing to poke at this without success. I wanted to looking deeper into Blairs comments about connectivity, it seems there are documented issues with the iTach units being picky about wireless connections - I've tried continuous pings from the homeseer server and don't see any drops or latency variation. I went ahead and connected the iTach to a dedicated WLAN & AP, running 802.11b & an open SSID and still see the issue. Is there anywhere I can enable debug logging for the Global Cache PRO Plug-In?

Also does anyone have a better suggestion for adding dry contact control into HomeSeer that I can try instead? I may make a Arduino based http controlled multi relay board if I can't make this reliable.

Thx
                    Check out the MIMO, I read where they are coming out with a MIMO 2. Dry contacts (momentary or constant) and sensor feedback to HS. I'm using a dozen or more of them with real solid performance.
                    Blair

Comment

Thanks - MIMO2 on order, will let you know how that is. I did have the WF2CC working OK with Vera, but only for switching non critical loads like landscape lighting. This was going to be for operating a MyQ remote for my garage doors and I'd prefer it was less flaky then I've seen the wireless Global Cache units. I'd still like to persevere with this thread and see if we can resolve issue.

Comment

MIMO2 arrived, 10 minutes to add and test, 20 mins to solder to the garage remote to activate the MyQ openers. Working solution! Thanks @BlairG

@Wade let me know if there is other testing I can do with the WF2CC - I do plan to try and use that in a less critical application - switching some low voltage landscape lighting.

Comment

Too bad global cache should make a zwave2cc
                          I've installed over a dozen of their IP2CC and IP2IR units, they are solid.

ZW2CC and ZW2IR that'd be cool, no ethernet needed...
                          Blair

Comment

Working...
                          X