Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harmonyhubcontrol.exe...

rien

in the meanwhile i have now 4 harmony hubs, which work great. however one of them has not a strong wifi signal.

since i installed this hub, i see sometimes a the harmonyhubcontrol.exe flooding my cpu with abou 25% CPU usage on my I5. which seems not corrected, can you confirm what is causing this and could this be the bad wifi signal for this particular hub? thanks

Bart
    Regards Bart
    ------------------------------------------
    Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
    HSPRO 3.
    Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

I asked this same question a few months back. Apparently that part of the plugin is created by someone else and it's a known issue that the plugin developer can't fix. I periodically go in and have to kill that process (it will start it back up automatically).

I plan on trying to "automate" the killing of that process for just that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      I asked this same question a few months back. Apparently that part of the plugin is created by someone else and it's a known issue that the plugin developer can't fix. I periodically go in and have to kill that process (it will start it back up automatically).

I plan on trying to "automate" the killing of that process for just that reason.
      You are "unfortunately" correct. Until I can replace this C## program with the official API calls, this is the way to go
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Interesting... I just saw this for the first time.. have two hubs.

Same problem I get occasionally with the Itach plugin as well, ironically. Or if it helps :-)

Comment

Did you figure a way to do this?

Comment

Loads more than once

I know this is a known problem.... HarmonyHubControl.exe loads itself many times. I go in and kill em most days.

Jay
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
              Did you figure a way to do this?
              I started to try one of Jon00's plugins, but it didn't work, he suggested another and I just haven't tried it yet

(sorry I missed this post)

Comment

I started to try one of Jon00's plugins, but it didn't work, he suggested another and I just haven't tried it yet

(sorry I missed this post)
                I had same idea... but it's just one of those problems that's not so bad it's pressing :-)

Which plugin did Jon suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                  I had same idea... but it's just one of those problems that's not so bad it's pressing :-)

Which plugin did Jon suggest?
                  You know what? I think the original one will work fine. I was using Jon00's processs monitor, but found that the process actually was never running (When I was working on it). I had asked him a question because I was also going to use it to track my PLEX server (since I found it had failed one day) and I needed to also know if a process was not running (hence why he suggested another plugin)

If you use his process monitor plugin (https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...00#post1301100), You can see the % of CPU for the process. You can also run an event or script if it reaches a certain %. However, there is no "time" factor for that (25% for more than 10 minutes). Maybe Jon can add that? I think you could accomplish it though with a virtual device and a couple of events. As far as restarting it, you may want to also consider his Application/Process Control which will let you stop the process and/or restart it (https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=124787)

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                    You are "unfortunately" correct. Until I can replace this C## program with the official API calls, this is the way to go

Hi Rien,

Any idea when you plan to do this?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                      Hi Rien,

Any idea when you plan to do this?
                      When the official API supports the same functionality as the unofficial. And that's waiting for Logitech, if it will ever come
                      Regards,

Rien du Pre
                      The Netherlands
                      Using:
                      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                      Plugin's:
                      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                        When the official API supports the same functionality as the unofficial. And that's waiting for Logitech, if it will ever come
                        Oh. OK. I was under the impression you were going to mix official and unofficial to achieve something that neither can alone. For example using the official API to log in, and the unofficial to create homeseer devices from hub activities. This explains why it was taking so long. I might guess that licensing prevents you from doing this.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I've had my Harmony Hub Plugin disabled for over 6 months because of this issue. Has there been a change to no longer rly on the process?

If not, does anyone have an elegant way to for the process to be killed every X hours? I thought I had done this years ago with another process I needed to routinely kill, but could not figure out how to do it again.
                          John
                          Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                          Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                          HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                          Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Considering the cost of this plugin, I find it unacceptable that I have to babysit it.

Just my $29.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jayh391 View Post
                              I know this is a known problem.... HarmonyHubControl.exe loads itself many times. I go in and kill em most days.

Jay
                              I got the same problem. Very annoying. Any chance fixing this?

Comment

Working...
                              X