Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Device Status Update on Activity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Device Status Update on Activity?

So I have the plugin downloaded and all devices/activities picked up.

I go into the sitting room and start an activity. A few minutes later the hub activity is updated in my list but none of the devices have their status updated.

For instance I'd expect to see the Nvidia Shield status changed to "PowerOn" or something. It's still on "PowerOff".

Essentially I'm looking to detect the hub status and status of the Shield as my kids keep walking off and leave it switched on. The Shield itself goes to sleep after a while but the Marantz amp and TV are still on. So I'd like to check the hub activity and if the Shield is powered on, then send change the activity to off.

Originally posted by essjay View Post

I go into the sitting room and start an activity. A few minutes later the hub activity is updated in my list but none of the devices have their status updated.

For instance I'd expect to see the Nvidia Shield status changed to "PowerOn" or something. It's still on "PowerOff".

Essentially I'm looking to detect the hub status and status of the Shield as my kids keep walking off and leave it switched on. The Shield itself goes to sleep after a while but the Marantz amp and TV are still on. So I'd like to check the hub activity and if the Shield is powered on, then send change the activity to off.
    Only activities update, the devices do not. You can look at the activity for "Power Off". If it is not, you can trigger it from the plug-in.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Only activities update, the devices do not. You can look at the activity for "Power Off". If it is not, you can trigger it from the plug-in.
      Yes, that thought came to be a short while ago. How could the device update unless it perhaps connected to the Hub over IP or maybe Bluetooth.

I think in this use case I'll have to monitor the power usage of the Shield and try and determine from there if it is powered up or down.

Comment

Unable to see Devices or Activities...

I have had the plugin for a while now, but no time to yet set it up.
        Trying to do so today, in order to reduce the logs have turned off weather and Honeywell Thermostat plugins for now.

It appears to see, and I have done the one config with the interface.

Nov-12 3:04:22 PM
        Harmony Hub Error
        Plugin: Harmony Hub Get Devices ApplicationName='/usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HarmonyHub/harmonyhubcontrol_linux_arm.exe', CommandLine='eMailName@-------(removed) _-------(removed) 192.168.1.66 list_devices_raw', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Access denied-
        Nov-12 3:03:18 PM
        Plug-In
        Finished initializing plug-in Harmony Hub
        Harmony Hub
        Plugin: Harmony Hub Architecture is: armv7
        Harmony Hub
        Plugin: Harmony Hub Test CPU platform: Architecture: armv7l Byte Order: Little Endian CPU(s): 4 On-line CPU(s) list: 0-3 Thread(s) per core: 1 Core(s) per socket: 4 Socket(s): 1 Model name: ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l) CPU max MHz: 1200.0000 CPU min MHz: 600.0000
        Harmony Hub
        Plugin: Harmony Hub Running on Linux version
        Harmony Hub
        InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...
        Info
        Plugin Harmony Hub has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:47404
        Nov-12 3:03:04 PM
        Info
        Plugin Harmony Hub with instance: has disconnected
        Nov-12 3:03:04 PM
        Plug-In
        Shutting down Plug-In: Harmony Hub

I can log in fine to the Harmony Hub application with the login / password...
        Any guidance here? I'd like to make use of it...

Comment

Yes, that thought came to be a short while ago. How could the device update unless it perhaps connected to the Hub over IP or maybe Bluetooth.

I think in this use case I'll have to monitor the power usage of the Shield and try and determine from there if it is powered up or down.
          That is what I do. I have an Aeotec smart strip at each media location so I can monitor the energy used from 6 devices and control 4 of them.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
          X