Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error

Could someone help me with this error when adding hub as a device?

"Jan-18 8:10:29 AM Error Posting back to plugin web page Harmony Hub: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)"

Originally posted by dumpmyster View Post
    Could someone help me with this error when adding hub as a device?

"Jan-18 8:10:29 AM Error Posting back to plugin web page Harmony Hub: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)"
    Did you ever figure this out. I can't believe this post is from January 18th and not one response I get the distinct feeling support for the plugging is slipping rapidly.

Comment

Which version are you using ?
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

3.7.2.0. I had a lot of issues upgrading because I didn't see the post about switching to multi instance. I finally got it to a point where I could start fresh and configure two hubs but I kept getting that error when trying to add hub and activity devices. On a whim I disabled the 2nd instance and was then able to add the hub and activity devices after several attempts. It would add one device and then spit out that error. After clicking add devices several times and finally getting all devices added the error no longer happens when clicking the button. Now it just reports all devices already exists. Once I got the 1st hub devices created I was able to enable the 2nd hub and go through the same process. Everything is now working.

Comment

I decided to delete some devices and then add them again. The devices seem to add back just fine this time but weirdly right after adding the devices I see errors in two other plugins. These errors only appear after adding hub devices. I repeated this 3 times now and all 3 times the logs look like this.

Apr-15 12:25:00 PM ImperiHome ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ImperiHome.ISSDeviceObject.FromDevice(DeviceClass dev)
          Apr-15 12:25:00 PM HSTouch Server Warning Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
          Apr-15 12:25:00 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created
          Apr-15 12:24:59 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created
          Apr-15 12:24:58 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created
          Apr-15 12:24:56 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created
          Apr-15 12:24:55 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created
          Apr-15 12:24:54 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created
          Apr-15 12:24:53 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created
          Apr-15 12:24:52 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created

Comment

Originally posted by kewlrobd View Post
            I decided to delete some devices and then add them again. The devices seem to add back just fine this time but weirdly right after adding the devices I see errors in two other plugins. These errors only appear after adding hub devices. I repeated this 3 times now and all 3 times the logs look like this.

Apr-15 12:25:00 PM ImperiHome ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ImperiHome.ISSDeviceObject.FromDevice(DeviceClass dev)
            Apr-15 12:25:00 PM HSTouch Server Warning Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            Apr-15 12:25:00 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created
            Apr-15 12:24:59 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created
            Apr-15 12:24:58 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created
            Apr-15 12:24:56 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created
            Apr-15 12:24:55 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created
            Apr-15 12:24:54 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created
            Apr-15 12:24:53 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created
            Apr-15 12:24:52 PM Harmony HubInfo New Hub Device created
            I had this once or twice, but I don't think it has any negative effect on the plugins behavior.
            Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
            X