Harmony device changes from HS are either erratic, repeat, or don't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harmony device changes from HS are either erratic, repeat, or don't work

(Goal - trying to build an HS touch remote-control for a Samsung TV, BluRay, Amazon FireTV as well as control individual operations by voice)

From the Harmony App on my iPhone, control works great for all devices I have the Harmony Hub linked to. However, in Homeseer, whether through events or through setting the "control" value of a Harmony Hub device (rather than activity), I get either:

- Nothing at all
    - Command repeats (eg "DirectionRight" on the FireTV goes to the very far right as in many presses)
    - Is erratic - sometimes does nothing, sometimes does what it was supposed to.

I couldn't find a similar issue reported. Anyone any ideas what might be going on? I'm guessing that both the plugin and the iPhone app are communicating with the Harmony Hub via the same protocol/port, or is that not the case?

With the plugin in debug mode, all I see is something like the following (in this case, Down went from top to bottom of the Fire TVs menu)

Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test RunDeviceCommand for Hub1 DeviceID: 55112217 Command: DirectionDown
    Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub CAPIcontrol values: Hub1-Logitech Harmony Hub Device-1-Amazon Fire TV-55112217-DirectionDown

Would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
    John.
Working...
X