Stopped working, firmware update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    If enough people still want to move to my plugin, let me know and I will see if HST will still work with me on pricing for this plugin's users to move to mine which is actively supported.
    Put me down as interested too please.

G

Comment

Originally posted by gmitch64 View Post

Put me down as interested too please.

G
      I put it on sale for 20% off, but I will also see what HST and I can come up with after the holidays. I'm sure they are not all available right now. The trial of mine lasts 30 days so you should be able to try it out and make sure you want to move

Comment

So what was the outcome of this?!! i too paid for the plug in only a few months ago, it worked perfect, for several months, and no longer works, so was this ported over to a new plugin, honestly, it sucks i have to pay again, BUT the integration is valuable to me, please point me in the direction to get this working again

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
          So what was the outcome of this?!! i too paid for the plug in only a few months ago, it worked perfect, for several months, and no longer works, so was this ported over to a new plugin, honestly, it sucks i have to pay again, BUT the integration is valuable to me, please point me in the direction to get this working again
          I really think that the best way forward is sirmeili's plugin. That's the way I have now gone. That said, this plugin does still work and should for at least the near future. Logitech has put the local access back in. You need to update the firmware on your hubs to 210, then they will work just the same as they did before all this started.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post

I really think that the best way forward is sirmeili's plugin. That's the way I have now gone. That said, this plugin does still work and should for at least the near future. Logitech has put the local access back in. You need to update the firmware on your hubs to 210, then they will work just the same as they did before all this started.
            Thanks, i downloaded that new plug in on the trial..
            when i try to add the IP of the hub, i get this "There was no device found at the IP address."
            although i am POSITIVE< this is the IP
            im looking at the APp on my ipad, and the hub version, is listed as 4.15.206
            how do i upgrade to 210?
            fred

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post

Thanks, i downloaded that new plug in on the trial..
              when i try to add the IP of the hub, i get this "There was no device found at the IP address."
              although i am POSITIVE< this is the IP
              im looking at the APp on my ipad, and the hub version, is listed as 4.15.206
              how do i upgrade to 210?
              fred
              instructions here for the firmware. Make sure to download/install the latest myharmony program from logitech. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...plugin-to-work

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post

instructions here for the firmware. Make sure to download/install the latest myharmony program from logitech. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...plugin-to-work
                Worked great, and was able to get the Plug in working again in HStouch!! what a PITA!!!
                i hope the development of the NEW plug in doesnt drop off..I too will be NOW paying for ANOTHER plug in..
                please DONT STOP WORKING ONT THIS ONE!!!
                PS this one seems to be a little more deluxe i like iT!!!
                One more thing.. It seems to work perfect in the web interface of Homeseer, However, when i configure a button to use in an HSTOUCH screen, it doesnt work?!! all im looking to do is use an activity?!
                if i click the activity in the Homeseer web page to watch TV< it works perfect, I assigned a button in an HSTOUCH screen for watch TV< and it doesnt work
                any help would be awesome!

Comment

If you have a license for this plugin and want to move to mine, HomeSeer should have emailed you a way to buy mine at a reduced price if you want to go that route (about 50% off).

I didn't find out until last month that Rien stopped supporting this plugin and wanted a way to ease your way to a supported plugin.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                    If you have a license for this plugin and want to move to mine, HomeSeer should have emailed you a way to buy mine at a reduced price if you want to go that route (about 50% off).

I didn't find out until last month that Rien stopped supporting this plugin and wanted a way to ease your way to a supported plugin.

Hey Frank,
                    thanks so much..
                    I dont recall getting an email... but
                    I actually dont mind paying full price if it will help keep this plug in, in development, and not let the support drop like the other one!
                    i like your plug in better anyways, seems like more work went into it..
                    can you please assist me in one thing though?
                    It seems to work perfect in the web interface of Homeseer, However, when i configure a button to use in an HSTOUCH screen, it doesnt work?!! all im looking to do is use an activity?!
                    if i click the activity in the Homeseer web page to watch TV< it works perfect, I assigned a button in an HSTOUCH screen for watch TV< and it doesnt work

Comment

I haven't gotten any email from homeseer. Are there any major differences other than it will be actually developed and supported?

Comment

Originally posted by phareous View Post
                        I haven't gotten any email from homeseer. Are there any major differences other than it will be actually developed and supported?
                        It uses push instead of polling, so the hub status updates as soon as the activity is changed at the remote. It also has a neat way to send a fast string of IR commands from an event.

Comment

As far as I know HomeSeer sent the emails, but I will ask. They only were going to send them to people who bought this plugin, hadn't bought mine yet, and had not opted out of emails from HomeSeer.

Comment

I'd like to switch but homeseer never offered me any discount.

Comment

Originally posted by phareous View Post
                              It's atcually developed, if Logitech changes something in the XMPP implementation, then mine has an infinitely better chance of working. I am also pretty open to suggestions. I've added a lot based on user input and I have plans to add more.

Mine also supports monitoring the sleep timer and starting one, but I really don't know how much it is used (Though I know at least 1 person uses it).

The biggest one is as joegr said, I don't have to poll for updates. I talk directly to the hub via the same interface that phone apps used to us (Before they moved to WebSockets). So any updates are pretty much instant. You can even decide when the HS device is updated: When the activity is starting, when it has finished starting or when the hub updates it's own internal state (which are 3 different messages from the hub). You can also trigger events based on those same 3 events regardless of how you have it set to update the HS device.

For instance, in my living room I trigger the ceiling fan to turn on when the activity is starting (my power on activity can take a few seconds or longer). However, when powering everything off, I have my events to turn off lights to trigger when the power off is actually completed so that it turns everything off, then it runs the HS events. I like the flexibility.

Comment

I went back and looked I bought it Nov 20, 2017 for 23.96... Didn't realize it had been so long ago or so cheap

Comment

Working...
                                X