Stopped working, firmware update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopped working, firmware update?

16Dec2018 both of my hubs stopped working. I casually noticed yesterday (16dec) and today upon further inspection, all ip's are correct, they are on the network, the phones using logitech software work properly, but the plug in does not anymore. Turned on debug and got the normal output without errors:

Code:
     [TABLE="class: log_table_row, cellspacing: 0"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: LogDateShort LogDateTime1, colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Dec-17 18:07:14 [/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogPri1, colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]  [/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogType1, colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Harmony Hub [/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogEntry1, colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Plugin: Harmony Hub Test RunDeviceCommand for Hub1 DeviceID: 53336012 Command: PowerOn [/COLOR][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TABLE="class: log_table_row, cellspacing: 0"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: LogDateShort LogDateTime0, colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Dec-17 18:07:14 [/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogPri0, colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]  [/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogType0, colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Harmony Hub [/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogEntry0, colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Plugin: Harmony Hub CAPIcontrol values: Hub1-Logitech Harmony Hub Device-2-LG 70" TV-53336012-PowerOn [/COLOR][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    Can anyone else confirm the same issues or is this just something random that has happened to my HS3 installation?

Thanks in advance!

See here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...etwork-control

Comment

I can confirm (I don't think there was any doubt) that this plug in does not work with hubs with 206 firmware. Since firmware updates are automatic, they probably all have 206 now.

Comment

Is the developer still supporting this? I paid for it last year...now it doesn’t work. The other plugins author is working on a solution but I’m not going to spend another forty bucks...

Comment

Nope , this has been abandoned by the author.
          abandonning plugin like that is a hole in the business model of homeseer if you ask me.

I also paid for it. Hs3 just don’t care when we report this.

Reply from them 3-4 months ago

you bought this one year ago. We are not sure to understand. If you got problem with an author you can just email them.

Comment

Hs3 is taking 1/3 of the money each time a plugin is sold. I can understand it would be hard for them to get the money back from the author. But they should at least give back that 1/3 money to us if the customer is complaining about the same hs3 version they are maintaining at that time (eg: a customer complaining about a hs2 plugin would not get a partial refund if the HS version is at 3.xx ).

That would be smarter than giving the message to the customers that they dont care, just to keep that little money.

Comment

@kiddeon

I don't want tu put oil on the fire but we all knew the risk when we bought this Plugin that sometime it might stop working.

There is a sticky note on the forum https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...plugin-support which mentionned this possibility since almost 2 1/2 years

That being said, I agree that Homeseer should back their peer developer and approach Logitech to have them provide a supported API that developers could rely on.

Comment

He hasn't even been on the forum for a month. I don't forsee there being any quick fix. There apparently is another API that other software is switching to (home assistant, etc.) that the actual harmony app uses. But it would require a lot of rewriting code no doubt. I like homeseer but it does seem like a lot of the plugins are stagnating and no new ones coming. I might end up having to switch to homeassistant or something later just to be able to talk to current devices

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                  Is the developer still supporting this? I paid for it last year...now it doesn’t work. The other plugins author is working on a solution but I’m not going to spend another forty bucks...
                  I completely understand you not wanting to spend another $40, but the little money I get does offset the time. Just this week alone it has been an almost second job worth of hours to get it fixed and I suspended sales while I did it (so not actively making any money of it).

If it were me though and logitech did this, I would probably feel exactly how you do.

However, Let me talk to HomeSeer and see if we can work out some kind of "upgrade" deal or something for the users of this plugin to move to mine for maybe a reduced price?

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

I completely understand you not wanting to spend another $40, but the little money I get does offset the time. Just this week alone it has been an almost second job worth of hours to get it fixed and I suspended sales while I did it (so not actively making any money of it).

If it were me though and logitech did this, I would probably feel exactly how you do.

However, Let me talk to HomeSeer and see if we can work out some kind of "upgrade" deal or something for the users of this plugin to move to mine for maybe a reduced price?
                    That's super cool of you Frank.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Comment

Agree. That is super cool of you. I too bought this one in December of last year but I was on the fence on throwing my hub in the trash and buying a GC. I was waiting to see what your fix is and if I think it is a long term one before moving on anything. This makes me think I might just throw a few more bucks at the harmony integration in the form of your plugin. .

Comment

Hey, It looks like Logitech may have caved... (I haven't tried it yet)
                        https://community.openhab.org/t/logi...tion/60090/118

Of course, I had already deleted this plugin.

Edit: Looks like this will only work till the 31st...

Sorry for the false hope.

Comment

Logitech re-evaluated their decision, they will offically support XMPP, but not actually provide any support (use at your own risk, but they will lety ou use it).

I have verified that my plugin works with firmware .210 and I assume this one will well.

If enough people still want to move to my plugin, let me know and I will see if HST will still work with me on pricing for this plugin's users to move to mine which is actively supported.

Here are the instructions to add the beta firmware. In January they said the will roll this into the main firmware. Check my forums for updates on this (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...nyhub-sirmeili)

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                            Logitech re-evaluated their decision, they will offically support XMPP, but not actually provide any support (use at your own risk, but they will lety ou use it).

I have verified that my plugin works with firmware .210 and I assume this one will well.

If enough people still want to move to my plugin, let me know and I will see if HST will still work with me on pricing for this plugin's users to move to mine which is actively supported.

Here are the instructions to add the beta firmware. In January they said the will roll this into the main firmware. Check my forums for updates on this (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...nyhub-sirmeili)

I'm interested for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                              I'm interested for sure

It does appear to be on sale right now...

Comment

Working...
                              X