process for uninstalling / removing this plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

process for uninstalling / removing this plugin

Hi guys. What is the proper way of completely removing this plugin? (Planning on replacing it with SirMeii's). I have two hub instances defined. Do I just uninstall both instances from the plugin management page and then manually deleting the two harmony hub devices? Do I also need to manually delete the .ini file? I remember I tried to uninstalling one of the instances but the Harmony Hub pages for that instance still remains there. (May be the pages will disappear once I uninstall both instances?)

Originally posted by hankli View Post
    Hi guys. What is the proper way of completely removing this plugin? (Planning on replacing it with SirMeii's). I have two hub instances defined. Do I just uninstall both instances from the plugin management page and then manually deleting the two harmony hub devices? Do I also need to manually delete the .ini file? I remember I tried to uninstalling one of the instances but the Harmony Hub pages for that instance still remains there. (May be the pages will disappear once I uninstall both instances?)
    +1

Comment

I just re-installed this plugin (so I could document these steps for you) so this is what you should need to do:

Stop the plugin and all instances
      Delete the plugin and all instances from the plugin management screen (This should delete the main EXE for the plugin)
      Delete any HS devices for it
      Then, on your HS machine, Delete these files/folders

/Bin/HarmonyHub/ <!--- whole folder
      /Config/hspi_HarmonyHub.ini
      /Config/hspi_HarmonyHub.ini.bak
      /HTML/images/HarmonyHub/ <--- whole folder

Also check the /Logs/ folder in case you have any logs. I did not, but I only installed, started then immediately stopped the plugin.

I also had a file in /Docs/ called HomeSeer HarmonyHub plug-in V3.7 documentation.pdf, which you might want to remove (Though it is only a pdf).

let me know if this isn't clear.

@HomeSeer Staff, there should be a way for a developer to write an uninstall script or to read the install file and delete what was added. I have to go through after a test a plugin and remove any extra stuff that was added.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

@HomeSeer Staff, there should be a way for a developer to write an uninstall script or to read the install file and delete what was added. I have to go through after a test a plugin and remove any extra stuff that was added.
        rjh
        That would be awesome!

Comment

Working...
        X