Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

350% off sale on now, with free upgrade to HS4 (which means its on its way)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350% off sale on now, with free upgrade to HS4 (which means its on its way)

Just got an email that they are having one of the periodic 50% off the software sales. Purchase includes a free upgrade to HS4. Reading through posts, it looks like that will be coming out soon (not sure if that means Beta or official version). Some solid updates, a better looking GUI, and it includes more plugins for free. Also notable is that they hired on of the better plug-in devs as a full time employee to develop and maintain the HS branded plug-ins. Pricing the same as before. Looks like moves to keep them competitive w/Hubitat, etc.https://discord.software/ fetlife vshare

I think the title of your post is a little aggressive. 350% is a huge discount.

I can't see how a sale is any direct indication as the the readiness of HS4 for release. The open beta is scheduled to drop Feb. 4th, but it is still just a beta. I would not read too much into a software discount sale. A sale is just a sale.

Comment

I wanted the 350% sale . Where can i find it

Comment

Doesn't 350% discount mean that I get 250% of the price as a payment back to me without paying anything out?
        😄

Comment

This is the logic

Comment

👍

Comment

Does this include plugins? I wouldn't mind recouping money there.

Comment

When HS2 introduced to capture the browser-based market it was a step down for customers who used the desktop environment as form update on the desktop were immediate. HS3 came along to get back some of what was lost in HS1->HS2 with use of jQuery. Now we are going to to HS4 and again the baseline user is compromised because the new target market is mobile. Everything now needs to be mobile-compatible so everything expands to multiple clicks to get what you want, but the clicks can be done with a finger rather than a mouse.

For new users and increasing the appeal of HS in the mobile market HS4 is good. For existing user base that does not live on their cell phone HS4r is for the most part a compromise or a downgrade. Over the years there will be some convergence just like there was with prior HS versions. Some of it it will be with changes to HS. Some will be with changes to the user base who forgot where they came from.

From a business perspective this is a good move as it brings in more users and existing users will just bite the bullet.

Comment

Yeah i don like the fact you have to click 2000 time to get what you want.

the mobile thing is so useless to me . If i modify some logic that need node red , ssh, ...or event just multiple browser tabs.. I won’t use a phone .

Comment

Ohhh come on now everyone will LOVE the mobile UI... it's fantastic!

Comment

Lol. Btw i am 31. I am supposed to be the in the young people group that will just use the phone???

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                        Lol. Btw i am 31. I am supposed to be the in the young people group that will just use the phone???
                        Nah... you have a PC with a browser and lots of tools... except you're forced to use a PHONE UI on a full PC browser... have fun..... I'm enjoying the show from the outside.

Comment

ugggg ineed a bigger phone.

Devoir

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                            Yeah i don like the fact you have to click 2000 time to get what you want.

the mobile thing is so useless to me . If i modify some logic that need node red , ssh, ...or event just multiple browser tabs.. I won’t use a phone .
                            Completely agree with you MattL0 .

I have the feeling we 'crippled' the desktop experience so users can create/modify events from their phone. I really wonder how often ppl will do that. For mobile displaying purposes, we have HSMobile, which is lacking in many fronts. Or HSTouch, which is even getting less love nowadays.

Making the analogy with Home Assistant: they do not have an (easy) way to change the config via a mobile device, end yet the userbase is growing every day. What they do have, is a very powerful (and customizable !!) UI experience that targets mobile and desktop users. We still don't have that :-/

Originally posted by simplextech View Post
                            Nah... you have a PC with a browser and lots of tools... except you're forced to use a PHONE UI on a full PC browser... have fun..... I'm enjoying the show from the outside.
                            I wondered where you where simplextech. Haven't seen you around in the developer beta section lately. I had the feeling we were always on the same track. You abandoned the HS ship ?

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

You will not be using a PHONE UI on a PC. The interface design change is to a Responsive interface. Responsive Web Design does NOT mean an interface designed for a phone and showing the same in a PC's browser. It means an interface which CHANGES based on Screen Size. With a Responsive interface things will change position or hide/show from a PC to a medium sized tablet to a phone. Depending on the design I might even see things different on my Pixel 3XL vs my daughter's iPhone with a noticably smaller screen. While the design may not be granular enough to be different on different phones, it should change between at least phone and PC. Probably 7"+/- tablets as well. Yes, on a phone some items may need to be expanded, but on a PC more will display without user interaction.

​​​​​​Responsive design takes extra time and additional thought. In the end, however, it means a better overall experience across multiple devices, not a design that is only for a small screen size.
                              Karl S
                              HS3Pro on Windows 10
                              96 Devices
                              54 Z-Wave Nodes
                              37 Events
                              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                              Google Home: 3 Mini units

Comment

Working...
                              X