Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feature requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
    The polling is only for updating the activity status.

    What kind of update are you thinking about for devices ?
    I have a fan that I control via homeseer, if I control it with the harmony app or via HSTouch the status never changes. I would like to be able to check the status in an event but cannot as it currently does not update

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Moskus View Post

      1: Events action for Activities
      Make a Harmony action for Activities, not only Devices. It's faster and more readable than having to control a device.
      If you still open for requests.

      I can't agree more - we need to be able to send commands to activity, not device. I.e. "Pause" is routed to different device depending on current activity.
      Currently I have to implement some routing logic in HS (probably script). This basically duplicates Harmony functionality, if I change a device used in the activity - I need (a) reprogram MyHarmony and (b) change my HS routing .
      I know this routing info is available from the hub (in config request):
      Code:
      activity:
        label:Watch TV
        controlGroup:
          function:
             action:{"command":"Pause","type":"IRCommand","deviceId":"13463706"}
             label:Pause
             name:Pause
      And harmonyHubCLI supports this:
      Code:
      node harmonyHubCLI.js  -l 10.0.1.39 -a 'Watch Tivo' -c 'Volume,Mute'
      So I suggest to create a virtual device called "Remote" which will expose commands for current activity. I.e. if I press "Pause" button in HSTouch - it will route the "Pause" command to deviceId:"13463706".

      I'm sure a lot of users have to do this routing manually currently. BTW I'm quite new to HS and would appreciate any help how to achieve it.

      And hope this request is implemented soon. Great work, great plugin!!!
      Last edited by alexbk66; June 8th, 2017, 09:13 PM.

      Comment


      • #48
        7 Hubs

        Hi All,

        Absolutely love this plugin, it is working flawlessly for my 2 hubs. So good in fact that I have brought 5 more hubs to install around the house, 7 in total.

        With the current limit at 5 it would be great if there was a way to have more hubs in the current plug in or maybe, like other plug ins, we could install multiple instances so there are no limits on hubs?

        Would be great to get some feedback about how I could integrate more hubs. Thanks for all your hard work with this plug in, epic!

        Cheers All.

        Comment


        • #49
          unable to confiqure harmony PI see warning below

          WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Harmony Hub - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

          help any suggestions I have ht sel.linux

          i want it to work but no luck

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by andrew.jurgens View Post
            Hi All,

            Absolutely love this plugin, it is working flawlessly for my 2 hubs. So good in fact that I have brought 5 more hubs to install around the house, 7 in total.

            With the current limit at 5 it would be great if there was a way to have more hubs in the current plug in or maybe, like other plug ins, we could install multiple instances so there are no limits on hubs?

            Would be great to get some feedback about how I could integrate more hubs. Thanks for all your hard work with this plug in, epic!

            Cheers All.
            For that I have to raise the limit or redesign to make it a multi instance plugin.
            Both are a lot of work, but I put it on the list for a future update.
            Regards,

            Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

            Comment


            • #51
              Harmony Trigger HomeSeer

              The perfect addition would be to allow HomeSeer to "look like" a device to the Harmony. Even without Logitech co-operating, I would imagine this could work like this:

              Display Device
              - take a little used IP Controllable TV or Smart TV device from among the 260000 devices that Harmony supports.
              - build a server that identifies itself to the Harmony as such a device.
              - pass all messages received to Homeseer into a Homeseer device. Perform action and return response.

              do the same for each major Harmony Category (Receiver, Lights, etc..).

              This way, the Harmony system could act as a remote for HS3, not just the other around. Is this possible? Has anyone done it?

              s.

              Comment


              • #52
                Rien,

                Maybe add a connection status device as root device for every hub. SO if the hub can not be found on the network this generates an connection lost message.

                regards

                Bart
                Regards Bart
                ------------------------------------------
                Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                HSPRO 3.
                Devices; 1370 Events; 691

                Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

                Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
                  Rien,

                  Maybe add a connection status device as root device for every hub. SO if the hub can not be found on the network this generates an connection lost message.

                  regards

                  Bart
                  Good Idea Bart,

                  I'll try to put it in the upcoming release
                  Regards,

                  Rien du Pre
                  The Netherlands
                  Using:
                  Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                  Plugin's:
                  RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Please have a look at:
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193704

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by skavan View Post
                      This way, the Harmony system could act as a remote for HS3, not just the other around. Is this possible? Has anyone done it?
                      Have a look at:
                      Jon00 FLIRC/Harmony Remote/Windows Shortcut Control of Homeseer 3

                      I use it, works perfectly.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X