Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with renaming the hub devices (hub1, hub2, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with renaming the hub devices (hub1, hub2, etc)

I've 4 Harmony hubs and have only connected 3 of them until this morning. I've already written the configuration for the 4th one, but have not activated yet. In the meanwhile, I've renamed two of the hubs (from the default hub1 and hub2 to "Room Name Hub") and included them in events.

When I activated the fourth hub tonight and the subsequent activity scan, device scan and device creations... it seems to recreate my renamed hubs too, back to the default hub1 and hub2 names.

So I ended up with duplicate hubs "Room1 Hub" & hub1 and "Room2 Hub" & hub2. The bigger problem is that the renamed hubs are orphaned, so all my events need to be corrected to the newly created hub1 and hub2.

Did I do something wrong or is this something to fix on the plugin?
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Hi,

I don't have time to dig into this right now, but i'm pretty sure the names (Hub1, Hub2 etc.) are hardcoded, so you must not change them. I see what I can do in a future version to avoid this.
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks, it's a fairly minor issue; but on my HSMetro screen, these Harmony Hubs are the only ones that look unfinished. They have blank (unaligned icons) and the names are not descriptive enough.
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

Harmony/GC/URC

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
        Hi,

I'm pretty sure the names (Hub1, Hub2 etc.) are hardcoded, so you must not change them..
        Seems odd that if they aren't be changed, that the user shouldn't be ABLE to change.

Leo,

What range do these hubs have? Are you able to put them 20' away to control across a room?

Does one remote operate all hubs or do you need separate for each one? Do they get programmed to only one hub at a time?

I have been trying to figure out which solution to go with, be it this or GC. Also saw this, but not sure if there is an HS3 plugin for it:
        http://www.universalremote.com/produ...p=URC-Mobile-i

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
          Seems odd that if they aren't be changed, that the user shouldn't be ABLE to change.
          The plugin might be a wrapper to another program with hardcoded variables. I think it's just a matter of mapping them.

Leo,

What range do these hubs have? Are you able to put them 20' away to control across a room?
          Are you talking about the range between the remote to the hub (RF) or the range of the hub's IR emitters? In my use, the remote is never further away than about 15-17' from the hub and at that range I had no problem whatsoever; so I don't know its max range.

If you need more range between the controller and the Harmony Hub, I'd reckon you can use the iOS or Android controller app and reach the hub via Wifi.

As for IR range, I don't know either... I use my hub near my cabinets. I read it has 6 IR emitters within it, so it can reach 360' around it and then some (i could control stuff outside its line of sight during my careless testing) and you can connect cables to the 2 IR ports if you need more range.

Does one remote operate all hubs or do you need separate for each one? Do they get programmed to only one hub at a time?
          The hardware remotes are paired to one hub at a time AFAIK. I've not needed to bring one remote to a different room, so I've never looked it up. When using the mobile app to control, you can switch hubs by going to the settings menu.

I have been trying to figure out which solution to go with, be it this or GC. Also saw this, but not sure if there is an HS3 plugin for it:
          http://www.universalremote.com/produ...p=URC-Mobile-i
          What are your sources? If you play digital media a lot, you can get a lot of control with Kodi/XBMC's HS3 plugin.

Comment

Hi Leo, how many activities does each hub have loaded?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm currently in trial mode for this plugin, and so far, it works great. However, I would definitely need the ability to rename the hubs before before switching over to this method of control from serial control.

My primary use is for the Amazon Echo. I don't want to say "Alexa, set the Hub1 to Watch TV". Even if I wanted to, I couldn't, for the Echo interprets that has "hub one" and then cannot find the device.

Any chance of updating this to allow us to rename the hubs anytime soon?

Comment

Originally posted by DevinH View Post
                I'm currently in trial mode for this plugin, and so far, it works great. However, I would definitely need the ability to rename the hubs before before switching over to this method of control from serial control.

My primary use is for the Amazon Echo. I don't want to say "Alexa, set the Hub1 to Watch TV". Even if I wanted to, I couldn't, for the Echo interprets that has "hub one" and then cannot find the device.

Any chance of updating this to allow us to rename the hubs anytime soon?
                This feature has been brought up before. I will put it on the feature request list. Because I have to finish some other projects first I expect to start with a new version in February or March.
                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                The Netherlands
                Using:
                Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                Plugin's:
                RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                  This feature has been brought up before. I will put it on the feature request list. Because I have to finish some other projects first I expect to start with a new version in February or March.
                  Looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X