Status update question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status update question

I am wondering a bit about the status update of the activity. Is it possible to set it lower than 1min? Or will this spam the system to much?

Reason is that i want to set different light modes to the different activities. So waiting several minutes is not any good...

Even set to 1 min does not update it always either. It can take many minutes before it actually triggers...

Also is there any news/update where we can trigger more from the harmony controller?

Thanks.
    Last edited by U5tabil; December 13, 2015, 08:32 AM.
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
    I am wondering a bit about the status update of the activity. Is it possible to set it lower than 1min? Or will this spam the system to much?

Reason is that i want to set different light modes to the different activities. So waiting several minutes is not any good...

Also is there any news/update where we can trigger more from the harmony controller?

Thanks.
    I can make it possible to poll faster than the lowest value, which is 1 minute. But this will stress you system and the hub. I don't know which interval is a working value, but we can try.

I asked for the Harmony hub API for more than a year and I gave up on them. See below the latest answer.

Hi Rien,

I understand how hard it must be for you. I am sorry to let you know that we haven't come to an agreement on how this process is going to be taken forward. As we're focusing on many different streams, I can tell certain that it would take more than a couple of months till we can streamline this process.

I wish I could be of much help but at this moment, I am sincerely sorry.
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks.

Well I see the problem with the polling. Polling in general is bad. I am not sure how to best make all work out. Maybe I should abandon Harmony all together..

I need something fast to trigger. I do have a Global Cache. But that means I need a controller also. I do not like using HSTouch or any other touch based controller for that matter. I want a conteoller with buttons. It does not need to be Harmony.

Maybe there is a device the harmony controller can control that can send signals fast into HS...

The good part with Harmony is the vast library of components and devices it can connect to. Is there a competitor to harmony worth looking into to?

Any idea on what I should look into at all?

Thanks

Comment

https://www.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-api

Comment

That website is a joke. I try to register many times but never received a decent answer for 2 years now
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
            That website is a joke. I try to register many times but never received a decent answer for 2 years now
            Seems like Harmony has become a junk product also. I feel the new "tool" for setting up is to narrow and gives to little room for personalization...

What other products can we use as a remote here for media?

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
              I can make it possible to poll faster than the lowest value, which is 1 minute. But this will stress you system and the hub. I don't know which interval is a working value, but we can try.

I asked for the Harmony hub API for more than a year and I gave up on them. See below the latest answer.

Hi Rien,

I understand how hard it must be for you. I am sorry to let you know that we haven't come to an agreement on how this process is going to be taken forward. As we're focusing on many different streams, I can tell certain that it would take more than a couple of months till we can streamline this process.

I wish I could be of much help but at this moment, I am sincerely sorry.
              Do you think we could try 15, 30 and 45 seconds? See how much it stresses the system. And if it works.

Sent fra min E6853 via Tapatalk

Comment

+1 to this request. I am looking to use Harmony Hub current activity to drive other events but a minute is too long for lighting etc.

Did a sub 1 minute poll ever get added Rien?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevemeck View Post
                  +1 to this request. I am looking to use Harmony Hub current activity to drive other events but a minute is too long for lighting etc.

Did a sub 1 minute poll ever get added Rien?
                  I will add this in the new release (this month). But only as a experimental feature to use less than 60 seconds.
                  Regards,

Rien du Pre
                  The Netherlands
                  Using:
                  Plugin's:
                  RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                  X