Need a little help getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a little help getting started

I decided to try the plug-in today. I have a couple of harmony hubs and Ultimate Home remotes. I got the hubs partially set-up. I tried to install the plug-in and it said the installation failed. Despite that the plug-in was there and disabled. I enabled it and configured a hub. I scanned the hub and it discovered activities and devices, but when I had it generate HomeSeer devices for activities and devices. It only created one activity, one device and this error in the log:

Apr-07 7:36:54 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page Harmony Hub: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)

I need a little help trying to figure out what I did wrong.
    Attached Files
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Well, I'm a week into the trial, no change, I have an activity from one hub and a device from a second. I have deleted devices and re-scanned with no change. Re-scanning does result in duplicates of the two items I have. I have deleted the plug-in and reinstalled, nothing makes any difference. I notice a number of people are running into similar problems.

For now I have disabled the plug-in pending any solution.

Comment

Last weeks I was very busy and had no time to dive deep into the code.

The upcoming weeks seems to be more quiet, so I wil look into the issue soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
        Last weeks I was very busy and had no time to dive deep into the code.

The upcoming weeks seems to be more quiet, so I wil look into the issue soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
        No big rush, but I would like to get it running during the trial period.

Comment

Hi,

Please sent me your Homeseer configuration. The "about homeseer" page.
          And include you hub related logging with debug on, as well as you hub type and firmware.
          And also the list of devices and activities you have created.

Please sent it to the email adres mentioned in the documentation file (at the last page.)

In my environment it is working without any issues, so I need more info to find out what is going on in yours.

Thanks.
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Having exact same issue - sending requested data

Comment

At the suggestion of the author, I disabled the plug-in, deleted all of the Harmony devices from the Device Manager, deleted the configuration file (hspi_hamonyhub.ini) and restarted the plug-in. Then I re-configured the hubs, rescanned and rebuilt activities and devices and all devices and activities were created in HomeSeer.

Comment

ok appreciate the advice. Ran through the exercise as you posted and same issue. I even went as far as removing the plugin all together and reinstalled (this time with out the fail error) reduced the device list to only 2 devices and still only get one device.

Comment

resent email with my issue as refereed to in this thread

Comment

Working...
                  X