Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin no longer works - recent updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin no longer works - recent updates?

This plugin has been working flawlessly for me for the last year or so since I discovered it, but in the last ~2 weeks, it almost never works. Attempting to discover devices/activities (as a troubleshooting step) works ~25% of the time (mostly it says "no devices found") but once in a while it will work.

Trying to execute an activity rarely does anything (though once in a while it does), and with debug logging on, I sometimes see this:

"Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: HARMONY COMMUNICATION LOGIN : FAILURE ERROR : connectToHarmony : Unable to connect to specified IP Address on specified Port -"

(Unrelated note: something like this should be normal logging, not hidden under debug, please!)

I have the IP address correct in the configuration (otherwise it wouldn't work "sometimes", and is a DHCP allocated address in my router) and port isn't a field to specify.

Help, please!

Something working sometimes could also be wifi connection issues from the hub to your router. Does your harmony app still work as expected?

A neighbor could have installed a new access point that is jamming your signal. You could try using another wifi frequency or move the hub a little closer to the AP for testing purposes.

Comment

It's in the same room as my router, and the harmony app and remote both work fine.

I have noticed that if I ping the IP address from one of my pc's the first packet is quite slow (~300ms) compared to subsequent packets (1ms) so I wonder if the plugin is simply not very forgiving if the hub doesn't respond immediately?

Comment

Mine stopped working a couple weeks ago. Restarting the plugin, hub, putting my ankles behind my head, have no affect.

The hub works just fine from my phone, so it's not a connection issue that I can see.

I have completely given up on this plugin, and HS really needs to pull it from the store.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
          Mine stopped working a couple weeks ago. Restarting the plugin, hub, putting my ankles behind my head, have no affect.

The hub works just fine from my phone, so it's not a connection issue that I can see.

I have completely given up on this plugin, and HS really needs to pull it from the store.
          Logitech changed the way of logging in to the hub in their latest firmware update. Have a look at post http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...34&postcount=8

There is not much I can do to prevent this from happening, because they won't give me access to the API's

I am willing to help all of you, but nearly all issues that have been reported the last years are all related to login, firewall issues and if the plugin stops all of a sudden why do you blame the plugin?

Please sent me as much of information you have and I try to figure out what is going on in your environment
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
            Logitech changed the way of logging in to the hub in their latest firmware update. Have a look at post http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...34&postcount=8

There is not much I can do to prevent this from happening, because they won't give me access to the API's

I am willing to help all of you, but nearly all issues that have been reported the last years are all related to login, firewall issues and if the plugin stops all of a sudden why do you blame the plugin?

Please sent me as much of information you have and I try to figure out what is going on in your environment
            Thats fine, and you are right. However, if you are charging for a plugin, it should work no matter the changes that logitech is making, or you give a refund if you can't support their changes. If the hub works with my phone thru my network, but the plugin doesn't. I think it very fair to blame the plugin.

Software changes, and as such, so should your plugin. I apologize if I come across harsh, but this has been an ongoing thing since the beginning with this plugin.

My setup is very simple, I use it to turn a tv on and off... that is it. I am running the most recent version of your plugin. You see the commands in the logs, but no errors. I have tried rebuilding the devices, no change.

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post

I'm in the same boat as you with my Honeywell thermostat plugin, so I totally understand. I put a lot of notices in my document and ask users to agree to the terms, which include a disclaimer that at any time the plugin might stop working and that I may not be able to fix it because Honeywell won't release their API.

My suggestion for being able to troubleshoot these issues is to have a more robust logging option so you (and I) can see what's going on. All I have to go on to help you help me is that I get the error I pasted in my original post. What more can I do?

Comment

In the short term, I've setup IFTTT triggers between Harmony & Homeseer so I'm less rushed for a plugin fix/solution.

Comment

I have not noticed this, but also have not updated my hubs in some time. I understand both sides of this issue. IT seems that the developer is willing to solve the issues.

This is my issue with the IOT movement. Everyone wants to be in their own little bubble when I think that the end goal should be open APIs into those devices. Note however, that even with an open API, you still have these issues. It will be harder to overcome these issues with a closed API though. Perhaps the best advice I can give to the Developer is to add a Sticky as soon as you know an issue has arisen and warn people that updating the plugin may break it. Also ask for those that are willing to update it, do so in updating the plugin.

Does anyone know of a contact we can bug at Logitech to perhaps open up the API for this plugin? Enough voices might get them to change their mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X