Apple TV GEN 4 - Double signal when using HS commands through Harmony Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple TV GEN 4 - Double signal when using HS commands through Harmony Hub

Hello, I'm having a problem getting HS to issue single-tap commands to the Apple TVs (4th Gen) on my system. As an example, whenever I try using the DirectionUp/Down/Left/Right keys, the selection moves two spaces in the corresponding direction.

Using the Select command, acts as a prolonged press - which on this version of Apple TV, produces a different result than a single tap.

I think it has to do with the duration of the signal, which Apple TV interprets as a continuously pressed key.

I should note that this problem doesn't appear when using Harmony's native iOS app. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi,

Unfortunately I have no way to set the duration in the current unofficial API. It just sends the command and I have no additional control over this.

I have asked many times for the official API/SDK, but Logitech won't open it to the public.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrob-1991 View Post
      Hello, I'm having a problem getting HS to issue single-tap commands to the Apple TVs (4th Gen) on my system. As an example, whenever I try using the DirectionUp/Down/Left/Right keys, the selection moves two spaces in the corresponding direction.

Using the Select command, acts as a prolonged press - which on this version of Apple TV, produces a different result than a single tap.

I think it has to do with the duration of the signal, which Apple TV interprets as a continuously pressed key.

I should note that this problem doesn't appear when using Harmony's native iOS app. Any help would be appreciated!
      Just so you know I have the same problem with my Harmony 890 pro which doesn't use harmony hub or the plugin so the issue is with the apple TV. Was never able to get it to work. I'm able to set duration of button press but nothing has worked yet.

Comment

Thank you freeon for the added context.

Rien, thanks as well for the information.

Comment

Working...
        X