Harmony Elite Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harmony Elite Remote

Will elite remote allow me to directly control two of my cooper RF aspire zwave light switches from the two light buttons on the remote....

also when controlling devices on elite remote does homeseer device status update immediately....if not what can I do to solve this problem. Can I poll device and can homeseer detect when button is pressed to then poll the light device>

Hey,

The elite on its own only works natively with Phillips Hue, but there are ways around this. If you are in the US and possible the UK you can get the Harmony Hub Extender which adds z-wave and zigbee support, it would be a second controller though so you would need to pair it with HS3 so its aware of it, but it would be controlling the devices directly not via HS.

A number of people have had success with setting up HA-Bridge, and presenting their z-wave devices through that as virtual hue bulbs, you can then add the "virtual" hue bulbs to the harmony elite buttons for control (I have not tried this yet myself but will likely go this route)
    This way the elite thinks its controlling a Hue bulb but the bridge is converting it to a device in HS3, I believe for Vera users this is how they are all integrating things like Alexa etc.

Bridge details can be found here (its not very straight forward)
    https://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185750

As for triggering events based on Hub status changes, as the polling interval of this plugin is in minutes rather than seconds the delay before an event triggers may be more than you desire.

Hope that helps, I have the elite so am tinkering around with everything at the moment.

Comment

Working...
    X