X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta Release 1.0.15125.109

Features:

Control and Get Status for HTD Lync 6 and HTD Lync 12 home audio systems.
    http://www.htd.com/Products/Lync

Requires a serial connection between the HS3 PC and the Lync Audio Controller.

Code:
     Changelog:

- Initial Release

- Fixed a nasty bug that caused it to create multiple duplicate devices. 

- Added beta mode to allow time to exceed 30 day trial.
       - You must delete the old executable and refresh the plugins page before copying in the new executable for it to recognize the beta mode.

- Fixed a bug where it was limiting the number of zones it could create
      - Added some extra diagnostic logging to the console window
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kingfetty; July 23, 2016, 12:07 PM.

I was hoping someone would make the plugin available! I thought I was going to have to learn how to script to poll the device.

I just got my HTD Lync 12 setup and a few zones are functioning. I have installed the Lync plugin but not seeing any interfaces, devices, or information from the lync.

It doesn't appear in the plugins drop down menu like all the other plugins do. Is it suppose to?

This is what shows up in the log:

Code:
    Jun-06 6:44:38 PM	 	Lync Error	Exception in GetDevRefByZoneNum: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-06 6:44:37 PM	 	Lync Error	Exception in GetDevRefByZoneNum: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-06 6:44:36 PM	 	Lync Error	Exception in GetDevRefByZoneNum: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-06 6:44:35 PM	 	Lync Error	Exception in GetDevRefByZoneNum: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-06 6:44:34 PM	 	Lync Error	Exception in GetDevRefByZoneNum: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-06 6:44:33 PM	 	Lync Error	Exception in GetDevRefByZoneNum: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-06 6:44:31 PM	 	Lync Error	Exception in GetDevRefByZoneNum: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-06 6:44:30 PM	 	Lync Error	Exception in GetDevRefByZoneNum: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-06 6:44:29 PM	 	Lync Error	Exception in GetDevRefByZoneNum: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-06 6:44:28 PM	 	Lync Error	Exception in GetDevRefByZoneNum: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-06 6:44:27 PM	 	Lync Error	Exception in GetDevRefByZoneNum: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-06 6:44:26 PM	 	Lync Error	Exception in GetDevRefByZoneNum: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-06 6:44:25 PM	 	Lync Error	Exception in GetDevRefByZoneNum: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Code:
    Jun-06 6:44:46 PM	 	Lync	HomeSeer Device: 1426 created
    Jun-06 6:44:45 PM	 	Lync	HomeSeer Device: 1421 created
    Jun-06 6:44:45 PM	 	Lync	HomeSeer Device: 1416 created
    Jun-06 6:44:45 PM	 	Lync	HomeSeer Device: 1411 created
    Jun-06 6:44:45 PM	 	Lync	HomeSeer Device: 1406 created
    Jun-06 6:44:45 PM	 	Lync	HomeSeer Device: 1401 created
    Jun-06 6:44:44 PM	 	Lync	HomeSeer Device: 1396 created
    Jun-06 6:44:22 PM	 	Lync	HomeSeer Device: 1391 created
    Jun-06 6:44:22 PM	 	Lync	HomeSeer Device: 1386 created
    Jun-06 6:44:22 PM	 	Lync	HomeSeer Device: 1381 created
    Jun-06 6:44:21 PM	 	Lync	HomeSeer Device: 1376 created
    Jun-06 6:44:21 PM	 	Lync	HomeSeer Device: 1371 created
    Jun-06 6:44:21 PM	 	Lync	HomeSeer Device: 1366 created
    Jun-06 6:44:21 PM	 	Lync	HomeSeer Device: 1361 created
    Jun-06 6:44:21 PM	 	Lync	HomeSeer Device: 1356 created
    Jun-06 6:44:02 PM	 	Lync	InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...
    Jun-06 6:44:02 PM	 	Lync	Starting version 1.0.15125.109

Any ideas into what is not working correctly? I have the interface RS-232 to USB to HS3 computer. COM9 and I selected it on the Manage->Plugins page.

Comment

Looks like it may have initialized better the second time around. I am seeing some things now. I will do some testing and let you know what I find out.

Comment

Just a few things I found:

The source is displayed as
        Code:
        Dim 13%
        instead of
        Code:
        It appears to only get 8 zones instead of all 12?

Other than that, the zones 1-8 are all working as they should.

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
          Just a few things I found:

The source is displayed as
          Code:
          Dim 13%
          instead of
          Code:
          It appears to only get 8 zones instead of all 12?

Other than that, the zones 1-8 are all working as they should.
          Thanks, I'll look into this.

Comment

Lync 12

I really hope you continue to share what you learn. I'm about to build a new home in about a year and would really like to use the Lync 12 and interface it with my automation system. However, I've got a lot of homework to do. I'm not a programmer, but tinker with Arduino and other processors. I'm hoping to learn enough to be able to control the Lync 12 by the time I buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by MSG56 View Post
              I really hope you continue to share what you learn. I'm about to build a new home in about a year and would really like to use the Lync 12 and interface it with my automation system. However, I've got a lot of homework to do. I'm not a programmer, but tinker with Arduino and other processors. I'm hoping to learn enough to be able to control the Lync 12 by the time I buy it.
              That's the plan, I built my own home last year with the intent of automating everything. At first I wrote my own HA software from scratch to control everything, it worked great. Then I managed a copy of HS3 for cheap so I'm porting all my code over to plugins. Been a bit busy lately to make any updates to this one but I'll get around to it very soon. I run a Lync 6 right now so any Lync 12 testers are very appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
                That's the plan, I built my own home last year with the intent of automating everything. At first I wrote my own HA software from scratch to control everything, it worked great. Then I managed a copy of HS3 for cheap so I'm porting all my code over to plugins. Been a bit busy lately to make any updates to this one but I'll get around to it very soon. I run a Lync 6 right now so any Lync 12 testers are very appreciated.
                Just as an FYI, I have the Lync 12 and currently it produces multiple copies of the zones. It creates devices up to zone 8, then starts back at zone 2 goes to zone 8, then back to 2, then to zone 8. See the below image...assume the zone 8 shown is the last of the first set...then zone 2 starts being duplicated but doesn't show all the devices...it does this twice. I have been deleting these extra zones but each time I restart HS3 or the plugin, it recreates them so I have temporarily disabled plugin as to not keep going through the process.

Thanks for your time in creating this plugin.
                Attached Files

Comment

Just as an FYI, I have the Lync 12 and currently it produces multiple copies of the zones. It creates devices up to zone 8, then starts back at zone 2 goes to zone 8, then back to 2, then to zone 8. See the below image...assume the zone 8 shown is the last of the first set...then zone 2 starts being duplicated but doesn't show all the devices...it does this twice. I have been deleting these extra zones but each time I restart HS3 or the plugin, it recreates them so I have temporarily disabled plugin as to not keep going through the process.

Thanks for your time in creating this plugin.
                  Thanks for the info, this is why it's in beta. I'll look at this and see if I can figure out why.

Comment

Uploaded new version that fixes the duplicate devices issues.

Comment

I am getting this:

"No License or trial expired"

Also this:
                      WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Lync - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Jul-16 5:42:28 PM Error (1) Unable to initialize interface Lync :Either no license or trial has expired

I am going to a couple of restarts and see if it corrects the Warning.

Comment

I am getting this:

"No License or trial expired"

Also this:
                        WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Lync - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Jul-16 5:42:28 PM Error (1) Unable to initialize interface Lync :Either no license or trial has expired

I am going to a couple of restarts and see if it corrects the Warning.
                        Looks like the beta has exceeded the 30 day trial period allowed. I will issue an update to correct this. Check back later today for a new version.

Comment

- Added beta mode to allow time to exceed 30 day trial.
                          - You must delete the old executable and refresh the plugins page before copying in the new executable for it to recognize the beta mode.

Comment

The duplicates seem to have been taken care of but it seems to stop creating devices at Zone 8 instead of continuing to 12.

Also, does it matter the IO Command window is calling version 112 or is that the version of that particular interface?
                            Attached Files

Comment

All,

Sorry for the prolonged absence from any development work. For the last 3 months I have been studying day and night to pass my CCIE lab exam at my employer's request. I took the lab exam this week and passed, so I will be returning to my previous development activities. Look for more feedback, activity, and updates coming in the very near future.

Thank you all for hanging in there while I took the time I needed to pass this very hard exam.

Thanks,

Eric Fetty CCIE# 51202

Comment

Working...
                              X