Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRTrans in combination with MCE

Hi,

My HS server is also my MCE machine. The IRTrans USB device can also be used as the receiver for the MCE remote control. So far so good.... What if I want to trigger a MCE remote control command from HS. The IRTrans can sent this IR command, but has to receive it at the same time.....

How do I solve this problem......

Thanks in advance,
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Hi Rien,

My first suggestion would be to get HS to control MCE via another means. I'm not sure if there is another plug-in or if it can be done via scripting, but I guess I would look into that first.

With that said, Marcus did add a switch to the IRServer executable a little while ago that will cause it to forward commands sent via one client as commands received to all other connected clients. In other words, if you have HS send a command, then the other connected clients would also see it as a received command. I'm not sure if this would work in this specific case as I'm not exactly sure how IRTrans is working with MCE, but I think it's worth a try.

I'm not sure if the current IRServer available via download has this new switch incorporated or not, but I know the one here does. Why don't you give it a try and let us know what you find out...

Comment

Working...
    X