problem starting IRtranstray on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem starting IRtranstray on startup

I have the plugin and irserver working properly, but my problem is how to get IRserver to start when windows starts.

When I put a shortcut in the startup folder, ("C:\Program Files\IRTrans\irtranstray.exe" 192.168.1.206) I get an error everytime windows starts saying:

Error Opening Com/USB port LAN Device

How do I get the IRserver to start automatically when my system starts? I can start it without any problems from that same shortcut when the system is up and running, but on startup it always gives me that error.

Thanks
    jjsmd@yahoo.com

Man I suffered through this problem BIG TIME. Spent hours trying to get things to work. Here is what I found:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/chastartup.html

Chameleon Startup manager allows you to delay the statup of items in your startup folder. I think that most computers take a few seconds as you boot up to load the ethernet driver and port. IRTrans starts up and before network activity start begins to look for the devices on the network and does not find anything, hence the error. I have had Homeseer on 3 pc's and the HomeTroller and all of them had the same problem.

Once you get Chameleon installed select you need to make sure the path is correctly pointing to the IRTranstray.exe LAN in your Programs folder. The best way to find the true path is by bringing up the command windows and finding it in DOS. Mine is:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\IRTrans\IRTranstray LAN.lnk

Mine will only work if I have the path defined exactly like this. I have Chameleon set to delay the launch of this item by 30 seconds. Its really frustrating. I am glad that the problem is not just on my end. Its annoying to have to pay to register Chameleon when IRTrans should be able to fix this issue in their software.

There is a post here on how to make sure the right ethernet modules load in the right order if you have multiple modules but after trying to get that to work for days I gave up and just hope I don't have a reboot. I hope IRTrans will fix these issues because I really think their product is top notch.

Good luck.

Comment

Me Too, but IRTRANS have a solution.

I also suffer from this problem, abd have tired various things with shortcuts, and trying to get HS to run the application. As I could not see a solution on the forum, I contacted IRTrans direct. I had a reply back within the hour, here is their suggestion...

Hi Roland,

in most cases this is caused by the fact that the IP stack is not yet fully loaded when the Autostart
      folder is opened. You can add a delay on starting the irserver SW with the option -delay [value].

[value] is the time to wait in ms. You might try something like 30s or even 60s.
      Another thing to try is to modify the shortcut used to start the server and put the IP address of

You need at least the irserver version 5.08.09 to use the startup delay.

Please let me know if that helped you. Of course we are happy if you post the solution in the
      homeseer forum, too.

I am not able to try this at the moment, as I am away from homw for a couple of weeks, but would be interested to know if it solves the problem.

Roland

Comment

Start-Up Now Working

I have had a chance to try the delay option now, and I am delighted to say it works

Roland

Comment

Formatting of command

I use the following obviously incorrectly formatted:
          "C:\Program Files\IRTrans\irtranstray.exe" lan -delay [60]
          Can someone correct me please?

Comment

Originally posted by Davidj View Post
            I use the following obviously incorrectly formatted:
            "C:\Program Files\IRTrans\irtranstray.exe" lan -delay [60]
            Can someone correct me please?
            Hi David,

I think you'd want to leave off the [] around the 60, so it would look something like .... -delay 60

However, I think the delay is specified in milliseconds, so if you're after 60 seconds, the value would actually be 60000.

Comment

Many thanks, I'll give that a try.

Comment

Working...
              X