X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRTrans Testing

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the quick reply!

The only times I have seen it iterate through the database is when it is starting up or there is an IR code that has been added/changed.

It looks like what is happening is that it is looking to see if the codes in the HomeSeer file matches a corresponding entry in the IRTrans.rem file.

If I remember correctly, this is the only times I have seen it iterate like that.

Everything does seem to work well. The only remaining problem I have left is getting my XBOX 360 to work with IRTrans. It seems to be the problem child right now. I am going to tackle it again this weekend and I will let you know what I find out.

Thanks Brian!
    Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by ccarpenter1 View Post
      The only remaining problem I have left is getting my XBOX 360 to work with IRTrans. It seems to be the problem child right now. I am going to tackle it again this weekend and I will let you know what I find out.
      Don't forget you can contact the IRTrans people directly on this. They seem to be very good at figuring these types of issues out.

Comment

XBOX 360 Now Works!

Brian,

Thanks for the advice. I contacted the IRtrans folks and they worked with me till we got it fixed. I have to honestly say, those guys provide wonderful support! Very helpful and they provide solutions very quickly. It turned out that we had to update the firmware on my IRTrans XL unit to 5.11.15. I was running at 5.11.10.

The IRTrans people provided me a file and it was a fairly simple process to update the file.

Did you ever decide if you were going to implement the 1000 command version? It would sure be nice .... I would love to be a guinea pig!

I really like the plugin and the IRTrans units work well.

Thanks!
        Chuck

Comment

Zones Not working Now

Hi
          I have found the zone info here now but it dosent seem tobe working for the lan xl 8 output zones.
          I have replaced ver 1.2.15.dll with the old version 1.2.14.dll

any ideas

Comment

Hi Cloud 9,

I'm pretty sure the current version works properly with the XL 8, but I do not own one myself. Perhaps others with XLs can chime in...

Perhaps you could turn the debug option on, send a few codes that are targeted to a specific port, then post the debug log so I can see where things are going bad...

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Yoyo

Thanks for getting back to me.
              I have created a log file. It has some info from early this year when it worked and the data from today 26052010 which gives an error.
              See what you thing.

Have attached file.
              Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Cloud 9,
                Are you saying it was working for you earlier this year?

From looking at the log, it looks like you're sending the IR using zone 126. From looking at the docs, I think the external LEDs would actually be in the range 131-138 depending on the LED you want to use.

Can you confirm the LED you trying to use and what HomeSeer zone you think should be associated with it?

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Yoyo

Yes it has worked in the past. but I updated something and lost the data.
                  It was a while ago now.
                  It may have been last year when it was working.

I am using 126 just because it works at the mo.

If you look at the end of the log I tried to use 131 & 132 and the log reports an error.

SetZone(132) called
                  26/05 16:15:40.9897801 : STATUS 0 : PlayIR() called on location: 80
                  26/05 16:15:40.9907801 : STATUS 0 : zoneEnding=32
                  26/05 16:15:40.9907801 : STATUS 0 : Bus is 0, Address mask will be 10001000 00000010 00000000 00000001
                  26/05 16:15:40.9907801 : STATUS 0 : Error playing command 80: IR Error: Selected IR Output does not exist

Thats the error

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud 9 Entertainment View Post
                    Hi Yoyo

Yes it has worked in the past. but I updated something and lost the data.
                    It was a while ago now.
                    Cloud 9, it must be related to what you updated; you haven't mentioned the nature of the update...

The error message in the log suggests to me that it's a config issue with the LAN XL itself.

The first thing to to is verify that you can send IR via the IRTrans supplied GUI interface to the correct emitter, independent of the plugin. If you can't, you need to review your installation and contact the IRTrans folks to get it working. My guess is this is where the problem is.

If that does work OK, we'll need to ask for help from the folks that have a working LAN XL for additional configuration tips.

Comment

Ok I will have a look at that tomorrow.

Comment

Ok I couldnt wait till tomorrow.
                        I can send signals to the individual LEDs via the IRtrans gui interface so they are working.

Im using <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablerowodd align=right>HomeSeer Version:</TD><TD class=tablerowodd align=left>Standard Edition 2.4.0.46</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                        IRtrans 1.2.14.0
                        If thats any help.

Comment

Hmmm, that's interesting and not what I was expecting.

I did notice however, that you're not using a version of the plug-in that actually supports individual emitter selection right now. You must use 1.2.15.0 in order to have any chance at all of it working. Can you upgrade to that version and give it another try?

And, make sure the irtrans.net.dll file is up to date as well (supplied by the IRTRans folks).

Also, can you verify the IRTrans LAN XL unit is actually on bus 0 as that would correspond to the 131-138 range you're trying to use?

Could someone who is using one of the LAN XL devices chime in with any suggestions?

Thanks,

Comment

Yes the lan unit is on bus 0.
                            The version I was using was one that you did for me specificaly to control the external emitters.
                            I have now upgraded to the latest but it still wont work.

Comment

Just to let you know Im martin green the guy who started this thread in 2007 ive just changes my login name and you did the olugin for me in feb 2008. At that time it worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X