Receiving Infrared in homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiving Infrared in homeseer

Hi I am trying to make things happen when I use a remote control to switch on my TV. I know the IRtrans is receiving the signal but it dosent seem to be getting to homeseer.
    Is there something I have to set up in the IRTrans Menue

Thanks.

Here is my statup command line:

"C:\Program Files\IRTrans\irtranstray.exe" -no_web -learned_only -logfile c:\irtrans.log USB
    tenholde

Comment

I know Im running IRLAN.exe I think thats the file anyway but I need to be running this other program as well then.
      Is that right.

Comment

What irtrans device are you using? What does your IR environment look like.
        tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

I was looking last night and it is that .exe program running but its the LAN version. How do I add the -no_web -learned_only -logfile c:\irtrans.log USB bit in the Programs/Startup location do I just add them as an extension.

Comment

Right click on the irtranstray icon in your Programs/Startup folder and click on "Properties"

Click on the "Shortcut" tab

Enter something like the following in the "Target" field:

"C:\Program Files\IRTrans\irtranstray.exe" -no_web -learned_only -logfile c:\irtrans.log USB
            tenholde

Comment

Just to make sure the basics are covered...

In order to perform an IR match in HomeSeer you would first need to learn the IR button you're trying to match.

Then you would setup an event triggered on an IR Match to that button.

For diagnostic purposes, you can turn on "Debug" mode for the IRTrans plug-in, then press the button, HomeSeer should log that it received the button and what it's name is.

Comment

Thanks I will try that tonight.
                It will be great to get that working.

Comment

Well I tried that and I still dont see anything in homeseer.
                  I learned the key in home seer.
                  Put the line in for the irtranstray.
                  Any other ideas ?

Comment

You're confident that the IRTrans device is actually recognizing the code as it was learned?
                    I.e., you see the code logged with its name or see it come through in the tray utility with its name?
                    (HomeSeer out of the picture?)

Comment

Should I be learning the code in homeseer or in the learn part of the irtrans utility.
                      I have learnt it in homeseer at the moment and I can switch the tv on and off with it.

Comment

Normally, you'd want to learn the code thru HomeSeer so it get's put into the HomeSeer remote file; but there isn't any reason you can't learn the code directly from the IRTrans GUI as well.

I'm still wondering about my last question....

You're confident that the IRTrans device is actually recognizing the code as it was learned?
                        I.e., you see the code logged with its name or see it come through in the tray utility with its name? (HomeSeer out of the picture...)

I have seen once where the IRTrans would learn a code, the device would respond to it when sent, but not "match" it when received. I think I just relearned the code and all was fine. You want to make sure you have a "quiet" IR environment when learning commands so the IRTrans device doesn't pickup any stray IR.

Comment

Working...
                        X