Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xantech Interface Question

Brian,

I purchased a three room kit (USB version with 2 serial bus units). There are a couple of devices where my Bus Unit cannot control the device because of their location and I would like to be able to connect a Xantech 789-44 IR Connecting Block to pins 6&7 (Cathode+,Cathode-)of my IRTrans Serial Bus Controller. Looking at the Xantech diagram (http://www.xantech.com/products/ir_products/manual/78944.pdf), what do I need to do to make this work with the IRTrans unit? I thought had remebered that you had previsouly interfaced to your Xantech system through some previous posts.

Thanks!
    Chuck

Hi Chuck,

You know, when I started with the IRTrans stuff, I thought I would still need to use some Xantech stuff to help out, but in my case at least, it turned out the blasters on the IRTrans units were strong enough that I never ended up having to do that.

Here is what I understand about using the IRTrans system with Xantech stuff:

1. You can use any standard off-the-shelf IR emitter with a 3.5 mm plug. Just plug it in and you should be in business.

2. If you want to connect an IRTrans device to a Xantech distribution system, then you need some additional simple circuitry to match them properly.

I don't have the circuit handy at the moment, but when I get home tonight, I'll post it to this message for you. If you want it sooner, you might check directly with the IRTrans folks.

Comment

OK, here's a copy of the circuit that adapts the IR output of an IRTrans device to go directly into a Xantech distribution system...
      Attached Files

Comment

Xantech Circuit

Thanks Brian,

Thats what I was looking for.

I have a few devices that are in odd locations that I need to place the emiiters closer to the device.

Comment

Working...
        X