Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

know what IR is sent...

Hi

I am wondering if anyone can help me with this problem.

What I am trying to accomplish is that HomeSeer know what IR is sent from a remote, so if homeseer should send a command it would know which to send from what is allready sent from the remote... probably not the best explanation, so I'll try to explain a little further...

I have SONOS around the house (active), but in the living room I have a SONOS ZP90 (passive) so it needs to be connected to a amplifier.

I have a Logitech Z-5450 which does this fine, but:

I have also a TV-tuner and a HTPC connected to it. I have (until now) controlled this via a Logitech Harmony 895 (RF) and that is all well.

The problem with my solution is that when I turn on the SONOS, I would also need to change the source on the z-5450 so we could hear sound .

So, I bought the IRTrans LAN module and set it up with HS2, so that HS2 checks the transportstate of the SONOS, if the SONOS transportstate is changed to PLAY, it "says" to the IRtrans plugin that it should change the source on the z-5450 to the correct source - all well so far.

But since the (bloody) z-5450 do not have a discrete ir command for powerON and powerOFF (it seems that it just have PowerToggle), the HS2 should know the state of the z-5450 so that it would know if it should send a powertoggle command first or just change the source..

Hope this explains my problem and reaaaallllly hope someone has a nifty solution to my problem....

Thanks,

Dolled

Send command

Hi

I have been "wrecking" my brain to find a solution to my above problem.

What I think could maybe be a solution is a script that runs when certain IR is received and sets different options i a file...

Like if I watch TV, then ie optical1 is used (this is via the remote and not via HS, but HS can still receive the IR signal) then HS could write this info to a file. Next: If I start SONOS it will change the source to ie optical2, but if I then pause or stop SONOS it will read the file to see what source it should set it back to...

My problem is that I am not familiar with programming or scripting, so I hoped (maybe, but hopefully not a longshot) someone could help me..

Thanks,

Dolled

Comment

Hi Dolled,

Not sure if I fully understand what you're trying to accomplish, but if you're trying to determine if a given device is on or off, I would suggest taking the current-sense approach.

I use this approach for any IR controlled device that does not have discreet on and off codes, and even some that do.

Most of the time I just use a CR Magnetics device on the amp or TV power cord hooked into a digital input that is monitored by HomeSeer. That way I know for sure if the amp or TV is on or off.

Then I just add that as a condition to sending the IR. (i.e. only send the pwr IR command if the device is off...)

I'm at work right now and am not sure exactly what model of CR Magnetics devices I use, but I think if you search the forum, you'll find a few references to them.

Comment

Hi YoYo

That would certainly solve the problem on how it (HS) knows whether something is on or of, so I would be very interested (if you could) in what brand/types you're using.

But it would not solve my problem if the audio switch is on.

Say I have TV on (optical1) and then turn on SONOS, then the audio switch would switch to optical2 (for SONOS) and then, if I turn of SONOS it goes back to optical1.

But if I was watching a DVD or similar (ie: optical3), then turn on SONOS for some time and then turn of SONOS... it would then go to optical1 and not optical 2.

Anyway: the most important thing would be fixed through the "magnetic stuff", so I would really like to know what brand you're using.

Thanks,

Dolfren
        Last edited by ; February 24, 2009, 12:16 PM.

Comment

A possible alternative

You may have already invested too much in existing products for this to work but I would like to suggest our Bitwise BC4 and BCX-1 module combination. It has IR capabilities and the GPIO ports can be used to sense signals like audio output from the ZP90.

I'm not technical enough to know exactly how to configure it for your precise situation but I'm sure Mark could help out in the BC4 forum.

Comment

Working...
          X