Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vossenh View Post
    Hi Tony,
    I have send you the files in a zip file through to your e-mail address.
    <o></o>
    Attached Files
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Tony, That is absolutely brilliant!! It works like a dream, both in HomeSeer and in HSTouch. I can now also see how you have merged. I guess I incorrectly used the Signal Name, rather than the Signal Location. I was not that far off, but you have put me right. I am very happy that this now works for me. Not sure why HomeSeer IRTrans Plug-in does not work for my wifi device, but I can at least continue with my project. Once again, I owe you many thanks.

Harry

Comment

Originally posted by vossenh View Post
        Tony, That is absolutely brilliant!! It works like a dream, both in HomeSeer and in HSTouch. I can now also see how you have merged. I guess I incorrectly used the Signal Name, rather than the Signal Location. I was not that far off, but you have put me right. I am very happy that this now works for me. Not sure why HomeSeer IRTrans Plug-in does not work for my wifi device, but I can at least continue with my project. Once again, I owe you many thanks.

Harry
        Just happy to help
        --
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I have emailed Harry directly, but just for everyone's use; if the IRTrans GUI interface learns fine, but the plugin just times out; my guess is that the plugin is trying to learn commands from an incorrect/non-existent bus.

Since you can have mulitiple IRTrans devices, you need to tell the plugin which IRTrans device you intend to learn from. You can change this at any time, even as you may move room to room learning the codes for the devices in those rooms via a notebook PC or such to control the plugin.

The plugin defaults to bus 0, and I'm wondering if the IRTrans device Harry got wasn't on bus 1 or something other than bus 0...

Comment

Just getting started with HomeSeer, but the IRTrans plug-in is a "must-have" for my setup.

It also allowed me to get rid of my I/R to X-10 interface, and not have to buy the Insteon version of the same thing.

Works great so far.

Comment

Yeah,i think it's really good plug.

Comment

Maybe another good idea is to make this plugin opensource? The current development seems slow/halted becuase of the stated reasons by Yoyo. I really like to see some improvements, like decreasing the send delay.(I can't use my IRTrans for volume controls with this delay). Creating repeating IR functions. And RS232 support

I already considered building my own plugin to accomodate those features but i haven't got the time for it. I'm am able to tweak/improve certain aspects of the plugin if the source would be available.

How would you feel about that Yoyo?

Comment

I would be looking for a better script support, in particular for receiving IR signals. My key suggestion would be to be able to trigger events by matching to a range of Ir signals or to trigger a event on any received ir signal and to be able to read out the last detected ir signal in a script.

I'm currently running a modified IRTrans demo VB application in parallel to generate some com calls HS. This way capturing 5 or 6 different ranges of ir signals and passing the received ir code as a parameter to hs (vb) scripts.

Otherwise very happy with the quality and stability.

Comment

IR Config

Received my IRTans yesterday, great device!
                    Homeseer plugin also works fine, some changes could be made to make it more efficient.

Use different .rem files per Device Name. e.g. if device name = "Sony TV" .rem file = "hs_Sony_TV.rem"

Don't use Signal Location but use the Signal Name instead. Entry in the .rem file would be something like:
                    [Volume+][CCF]0000 006C 0000....
                    [Volume-][CCF]0000 006C 0000....
                    [POWER][CCF]0000 006C 0000....

This will make it much easier to maintain/configure IR codes.

Comment

where can I get this plugin?
                      jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmd View Post
                        where can I get this plugin?
                        Hi, just download it from HS updater.
                        /Tonlof
                        --
                        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Working...
                        X