Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laggy controls in HSTouch

Hi!

I've programmed my IR controls in HSTouch through the &hs.sendir "" command. But it all seems a bit laggy. Pressing the volume button 10 times wil raise the volume over a period of about 15 seconds instead of immediate.

Is this common for the IRTrans plugin? Do other uses have to volume keys working fine? My volume keys work at a 0,5 db increase. Which means i have to press the button a lot to get an small volume increase. How do you guys solve the volume button issue? I saw a video on the BC4 from bitwise where the volume button responded as it should. I would like to be able to create the same setup but using an IRTrans instead of the BC4.
    Last edited by bartdesign; March 23, 2010, 02:30 PM.

In my experience it might help to make the sendir as an event and trigger the event from the phone. So i have to events for volume (Up and down) I use the Global Cache for ir.

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...38&postcount=4
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks MacroMark.

Yoyo? Is a feature like this possible with the IRTrans plugin? Or do i have to sell my new IRTrans stuff for an BC4?

Comment

It's a hardware feature, so the IRTrans folks would need to add it to their firmware.

Comment

From what i can see from the IRTrans forums they do support repeating. I've got a brand new model so i should have the newest firmware.

http://www.irtrans.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=416&p=1502&hilit=repeat#p1498

Comment

Originally posted by bartdesign View Post
              From what i can see from the IRTrans forums they do support repeating. I've got a brand new model so i should have the newest firmware.

http://www.irtrans.de/forum/viewtopi...t=repeat#p1498
              You should forward this to the plug-in author (YoYo) to see if what you want is possible.

Comment

I've sended yoyo a message a week back. I hope he can help.

Comment

I'll have to set some time aside to take a look at the issues. If I remember correctly, I may be inserting a slight delay between IR commands to prevent confusion by the receiver.

I have no doubt that the IRTRans devices can do absolutely anything any other IR device on the planet can do; they are simply amazing devices.

What I would really like to do, is write a completely new version of the plug-in that doesn't necessarily fit in to the HS native IR interface. That was one of the design goals of the current plug-in and it has imposed some limitations on how some of the more exotic capabilities of the IRTrans devices can be accessed and managed. I managed to come up with some workarounds for some of the features, but certainly not all.

For example:

IR Repeating
                  Device bus and individual emitter selection
                  Advanced IR learning
                  I/O support

Problem is, right now I'm practically working day and night on two separate development projects that have super-tight schedules, so it's going to be hard to find the time right now to do it.

However, this is something I've been mulling around for awhile and I did start a thread awhile ago to get some feedback on what features folks would like to see in a new version.

If folks will continue to post their wishes to the thread, I promise I will do my best to work them in to a new version.

Comment

Hi Yoyo,

thanks for the reply. I made an reply to that topic about this before i started this topic.

Can't wait to see the improvements

Thx.

Comment

Also could you release a beta build without the sending delay? i would love to try that out. I'm tired of seeing hstouch hang on every 0,5 db volume change

Comment

Working...
                      X