Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRTrans Lan I/O zone problem

Hi,
    I am trying to control the 4 external IR output led and I get very strange results.
    I have tested one device installed on the following zones in HS2:

zone 120:
    In the Diagnostics window of the Irtrans server I got the following:
    Send [0] hs2_signals - 1 [30001 - B:0 M:0x1 LED: Default]
    The device is working both from the internal and external led of the LAN I/O

zone 121:
    The command received by IRTrans is :
    Send [0] hs2_signals - 1 [30001 - B:0 M:0x1 LED: External]
    In your "IRTrans Installation and Configuration Guide (PDF)" HS2 zone 121 was suppose to be Internal LED only. Anyway this command is working correctly - only the external led are sending commands.)

zone 122: LED: Internal (again, in the guide this is marked as External, but is working correctly - internal works, external no working)
    zone 123: LED: All (this is working OK)
    zone 124-130: LED: Default (this is working OK)

Now the surprise:
    zone 131: Led: 9
    zone 132 - 138: Led 10-16
    Normally I would need zone 131 to activate the Led 1, zone 132 activate led 2, etc.

I have also tested :
    139 - 198: Led: Default (all are working fine)
    This is strange. Maybe the Led 1-8 are is some other zones ?
    Using GUIclient I can control every external zone (from 1 to 4) separately without any problem (select from the Led Select drop down list All/Default/External/1/2/3 or 4 and all are working as they should - all together or separately, as required).
    I am using a registered version of Homeseer (Standard Edition 2.5.0.1) and the Irtrans plugin (1.2.15.0) downloaded using Homeseer updater.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

**BUMP** nobody ? any ideas?
    Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker
      I don't know the answer but wasn't the question about the IRTrans not the USB-UIRT?
      Whoops, I was reading 2 tabs and one was about the USB-UIRT. I'll clean up my mess.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hey C'mon, I don't see that many whoops's from you, I couldn't just let it ride.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
          Hey C'mon, I don't see that many whoops's from you, I couldn't just let it ride.
          You know the old saying Haste makes waste and that is so true. I need to only read this board using one tab
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Guys,

any of you know how can I get hold of Brian, the author of the IRTrans plugin for HS? I tried to send him an email one week ago via HS but I'm not sure if it was sent or if he got it. Maybe he can help me with my small plugin problem,.

Comment

Hi Musca,

Sorry for the delay, was out of the country for a week or so...

We'll definitely get this working for you.

Can you tell me which IRTrans model you have? It looks like there are some new models with more external IR ports and I wonder if the addressing has changed somewhat... Also, what version of the IRTrans server you're using?

Also, since I don't own one of these, I was hoping a few others who own the multiple emitter units would jump in and tell us what they've got and if they're experiencing any address issues. I was thinking I worked with someone who owned the 4 port model and it was working for him.

In summary, here's what I'm hoping you can post/provide:

1. Turn on the debug option in the plugin and log a few of the commands related to the external emitters. I'm curious what the mask is indicating.

2. Also, interested in the IRTrans server log of the same commands.

3. Version of the IRTrans server.

Sorry for the hassle...

Comment

Hi,
                Thanks for the reply, your help is very much appreciated.
                1. I have tried to send a command in HS to a device with the output zone set to 131. Here is what I found in c:\itranslog.txt:
                23/02 02:32:43.4818500 : STATUS 0 : SetZone(131) called
                23/02 02:32:43.4818500 : STATUS 0 : PlayIR() called on location: 3
                23/02 02:32:43.4818500 : STATUS 0 : zoneEnding=31
                23/02 02:32:43.4818500 : STATUS 0 : Bus is 0, Address mask will be 10000000 00000010 00000000 00000001
                23/02 02:32:43.4818500 : STATUS 0 : Error playing command 3: IR Error: Selected IR Output does not exist
                23/02 02:32:43.4974500 : STATUS 0 : KeyLearnable() called with location 0
                23/02 02:32:43.4974500 : STATUS 0 : SupportsIR2() called, returning true
                23/02 02:32:43.4974500 : STATUS 0 : KeyLearnable() called with location 1
                23/02 02:32:43.4974500 : STATUS 0 : KeyLearnable() called with location 2
                23/02 02:32:43.4974500 : STATUS 0 : KeyLearnable() called with location 3
                23/02 02:32:43.4974500 : STATUS 0 : KeyLearnable() called with location 4

2. Here is what IRTrans server recorded in the debug window for the same command:

Netcommand Size: 112/112
                Netcommand: 1 [0]
                Send [0] hs2_signals - 3 [80030001 - B:0 M:0x1 LED: 9]
                IR Error: Selected IR Output does not exist
                Send Status 272 - 272 [1]

3. Version of the IRTrans server 1.4.03
                4. I am using the LAN I/O model, with 2+2 IR outputs (2 standard + 2 extra option)

Musca

Comment

Thanks for the log; I can tell you the mask is not right for zone 131, so I'll have a look at that.

More interesting to me, is that the internal/external emitter selection seems confused as well for you. I've checked the code and that is actually correct and works for me here. So, I'm wondering if something didn't change in the IRTrans API.

There really isn't any english documentation for the IRTrans .net library, but I've sent a note off to the IRTrans folks asking for clarification on emitter selection and how we're to handle the 16 port units, as the API I'm calling has only 3 bits for this.

I'll post an updated plug-in dll for you to test once we get things sorted out.

Comment

While we're waiting for some additional information, would you be willing to give this version a try?

Shut down HomeSeer and copy this dll into your HomeSeer folder, overwriting the version that's there.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the plugin. All my 4 IR Output zones are working now perfect and independently.
                      And I can clearly see in the Irtrans server Diagnosis window that HS send now commands to the correct leds (for zone 131 to 138 it commands leds 1 to 8).
                      Please let me know if there is any other test you would like to do with my gear.
                      Did you figured out what was wrong ?
                      I have an interesting setup now testing here - if you are interested I have describe it here (middle of the page):http://www.irtrans.com/forum/viewtop...cce73bb6#p3307

Musca,

Comment

Originally posted by musca View Post
                        Did you figured out what was wrong ?
                        I think it was a historical problem with how I was passing LED selection information to the IRTrans .net dll. Originally, there was no option in the library for led selection, but we were able to modify some bits in the address mask that allowed it to work even so.

Since that time, the library has been updated to specifically address this, and my guess is something in the .net library is different than before.

I changed my code to start using the led selection parameter when sending IR and kind of guessed at the values required for now, until I hear something back from Marcus.

Glad to hear it's working. Once I get confirmation from Marcus on the parameters we should be good.

Again, sorry for the trouble.

Comment

Working...
                        X