ESS Power buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
    Just got off the phone with Ray. This evening he will be receiving and retesting the boards that had to be redone because they failed the initial high current tests. He hopes to get some stuff sent out real soon. He told me he thinks that "could" start being ready as early as tonight, but I'd think that midweek would be more realistic. I'll keep everyone posted.

I feel really badly about how long its taken. Believe me, I'm doing everything I can to safeguard our investment as well as get us the product we're drooling on!

Ian
    No Problem Ian, it is reassuring that you have a phone number, cause his email doesn't work and I was never able to catch him on messenger

Good things come to those that wait

Oh and stop drooling, that might be what caused the previous board failures
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Just heard from Ray, he got the redone modules, and they are passing the test, so they should begin shipping out soon.

I'll keep you all posted individually as they are shipped out.
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Yea!!!

James, what are your plans for passing out the script for beta testers? I would like to have it before I get my modules. I may be old, but I haven't lost my kid-like-impatience, and to have modules with no script would be psycologically damaging to my one remaining brain cell
        Over The Hill
        What Hill?
        Where?
        When?

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Originally posted by jackpod View Post
          Yea!!!

James, what are your plans for passing out the script for beta testers? I would like to have it before I get my modules. I may be old, but I haven't lost my kid-like-impatience, and to have modules with no script would be psycologically damaging to my one remaining brain cell

I'm not involved in the ESS buy or do I have any real use for them, however, the above statement is one I understand completely, fully and agree with.

Send that man a beta to play with, quick before that one cell is gone!
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
            I'm not involved in the ESS buy or do I have any real use for them, however, the above statement is one I understand completely, fully and agree with.

Send that man a beta to play with, quick before that one cell is gone!

Humm, since it looks like you almost 2 years older than I, I am sure you understand
            Over The Hill
            What Hill?
            Where?
            When?

Comment

Humm, since it looks like you almost 2 years older than I, I am sure you understand

Oh yeah, you got it right, i'm holding on and protecting that one brain cell for all i'm worth.
              Marty
              ------
              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
              Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Yea!!!

'
                I would be happy to post the beta now but the first thing the script does is ask for a com port so it can communicate with the ESS and determine the modules present. Without the modules present there isn't much for the script to present or do. I also planned on having the script encrypted just so that there isn't more than one version floating around.

I will make some final tweaks and post the beta script in this form in the next day or 2. After I've had a couple of beta testers, I do plan on posting the script in the updater as well as the plugin.
                James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I almost hate to ask, but how is it going with Ray
                  Over The Hill
                  What Hill?
                  Where?
                  When?

Comment

funny you should ask, I just got this email from Ray:

Ian,
                    Been delivered re-worked board.
                    Have some rust on some connections due to rust in hot water tank in Wales Hollow NY.
                    Sent back.
                    Still found some unsoldered joints, sent back.
                    Found some terminal blocks on backwards, sent back.
                    Found some leds in backwards, sent back.

Should never have gone with individual vs professional company.

Hindsight.

Continuing with assembly and programming and testing.

Ray

So...I'm going to go with "soon." :-)

I'll give him a call tomorrow.
                    Plugins:
                    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Is he still alive? (Ray)
                      Hector
                      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

hummm... hummm... Well its been almost 11 weeks (not that I'm counting, ok ok so I'm counting) and almost half way to my original estimate of it taking 6 months. I meekfully ask "Has there been any word from Ray?"

Just kinda wanting to keep this thread at the top

PS is he going to pay us interest? JUST KIDDING!
                        Over The Hill
                        What Hill?
                        Where?
                        When?

Comment

he's been keeping me updated almost on a daily basis for the last week or two. he's had quite an issue with some of the new suppliers, assemblers, etc, and it has created a lot more work than he expected. i suspect he'll start shipping next week. don't hold me to it, though.

wonder what will come first, HS touch or ESS? :-)

Ian
                          Plugins:

Comment

Iwas holding my breathe until yesterday, when I got the news there was a problem, Oh well I may have to use a scuba air tank.
                            Hector
                            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

any chance there will be a new power buy in the future? house got postponed till april 2009 so i still have some time to go

Comment

i can't promise anything, but i am developing a "waiting list" of sorts. how many zones would you want?

Ian
                                Plugins:

Comment

Working...
                                X