This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jvESS Script

I've attached a zip file with the jvESS script and supporting files.
    After your install you can access the jvESS config aspx page at
    http://localhost/jvESS/jvESS_Config.aspx

If you know how to use winzip just extract using folders and winzip will put the files in the right directories. Otherwise
    1. Put the jvESS_Functions.vben in \program files\Homeseer 2\Scripts directory
    2. Create a directory called jvESS in the \Program Files\Homeseer 2\HTML directory.
    3. Extract any non-dll files to this directory
    4. Create a "Bin" sub directory in the newly created jvESS directory
    5. Copy the DLL files to the bin directory

After you have installed your files go to the config page and everything else should be self-explanatory. I'm sure it won't be as straight forward as I think, so please post your feedback and or advice.

9/15/08 Updated script to add missing gifs and add debug logging
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jasv; September 15, 2008, 04:39 PM.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

No config page

It looks like I'll be the first with a complaint so here it goes. I installed the program manually and after installing it, I did not see a config page. I restarted HS and still no config page, please see below, please tell me I did something wrong ( it wont be a surprise)
    Attached Files
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

actually...

Actually your config page is there. It is the jvESS_Config.aspx page. You need to open up a web browser and go to your homeseer status page and change the /stat to /jvESS/jvESS_Config.aspx and it should get you there.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I will come up with a way to create an HS link so that it is easier to get to the config page. I think I can do that via the updater. Hopefully I can do that in the next few days.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

James

thank you, I finally got there, I need to catch up on my reading.

thanks again.
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

OK James,so I connected the ESS to port 8 and hit connect, it says thats it connected, but when I check log I get this:

9/6/2008 3:09:49 PM - Error - Reading script: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\scripts\jvESS_Functions.vben Script does not appear to be encrypted properly.
            9/6/2008 3:09:49 PM - Error - Loading script jvESS_Functions.vben :File not found: jvESS_Functions.vben

I checked in the script folder for jvESS_Functions.vben and its there any idea what I did wrong?
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Also, one thing that I notice that when I go in the config page and I set the comm port and hit connect all looks like its connected. But if I go to status page and then return to the config page, the com por number is 0 and it says that its disconnected.
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Hey Rotech, Did you get it working yet? How do you like the ESS? Since you are one of the first to get yours, the rest of us would like to know what you think. Since I ordered a bunch of modules, I'll be one of the last to get mine (oh well) so give us some info! Please?

Jack
                Over The Hill
                What Hill?
                Where?
                When?
                I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Jack

At first glance they look bulky and kind of heavy,seems that the contruction is solid. Althougth Iam having issues with the script as you can see in post 6. I still have not put in any audio signal at this point,Aim still wanting to understand how the script works and what are my options when creating events. I will keep you posted as some as James answer back.
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Hector,
                    Keep us updated!

Jack
                    Over The Hill
                    What Hill?
                    Where?
                    When?
                    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Anybody seen James?
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I am here. Sorry that I missed your posts. Last few weeks have been a killer at work. Let me take a look and I will answer you back in the next couple of hours. Sorry for the miss.
                        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                          OK James,so I connected the ESS to port 8 and hit connect, it says thats it connected, but when I check log I get this:

9/6/2008 3:09:49 PM - Error - Reading script: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\scripts\jvESS_Functions.vben Script does not appear to be encrypted properly.
                          9/6/2008 3:09:49 PM - Error - Loading script jvESS_Functions.vben :File not found: jvESS_Functions.vben

I checked in the script folder for jvESS_Functions.vben and its there any idea what I did wrong?
                          I deleted my scripts from my system and installed the ones I have posted and everything seems to work fine without any errors.

Could you confirm that you have the jvESS_Functions.vben file in the c:\program files\homeseer 2\scripts directory?

The surest way to install the jvESS scripts would be to use winzip and select extract and the make sure the checkbox "use folder names" is checked. Then if you enter the extract location as the c: drive by itself winzip will put everything in the right location.

Can you also let me know what version of HS you are using?
                          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jackpod View Post
                            Hector,
                            Keep us updated!

Jack
                            Jack,
                            Would you mind installing the scripts and see if you get the same error? Even if you don't have the ESS modules select a comport like 19 and see if it gives you an "invalid com port" error rather than a encryption error. Let us know if you get a chance to do that.
                            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Is this correct? and Iam using HS 2.2.6 ver.
                              Attached Files
                              Hector
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                              X