Itunes and ESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itunes and ESS

I would like any feed back in how to configure the ESS. I am using itunes as my music player and Aim trying to figure out how will you make the ESS turn on when I select a song ? Well you may say "first turn the ESS on" but isn't there a automatic way of doing it when ever you select? I don't think that you can't create a event to do this, since within the itunes program you have no option for that, and so on with other application that gets announced thru out the house. correct me if I wrong please
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Hector,

Hang in there, James and I are working on getting the plugin working, then we'll get you up and running...

Jack
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Hector,
      I don't think there is an "automatic" way to get ess (or any speaker control) to magically turn on speakers when you select a song. That's why you need to build in some method of controlling the speakers (either voice control, x10 palm pad remote, etc).

I know that there are some speech proxy programs that you can kinda "build in" the speaker control for when HS is going to do a tts announcement or something. that would be seperate from the ESS plugin, also seperate from the Itunes plugin.
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I don't know of anything that will turn on speakers if the music starts playing either, however, I use the BLMediaPlayer plug-in and it does have a "playback started" trigger available that would probably work like you want. I suspect though that you'll miss the first few seconds of a song while speakers are turned on. Another question is how will it know which speakers to turn on?
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
          I don't know of anything that will turn on speakers if the music starts playing either, however, I use the BLMediaPlayer plug-in and it does have a "playback started" trigger available that would probably work like you want. I suspect though that you'll miss the first few seconds of a song while speakers are turned on. Another question is how will it know which speakers to turn on?

Well, you can have a start up default speaker setup then you can select which zone you want to add later. Rigth now I have a dilemma where if aim playing music at a certain vol. and a TTS announcement kicks in the announcement kicks in at the same vol. (for my taste loud), But aim still waiting for an update of the program, to resolve this issue.
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Jack and James are close to resolving the issue. stay tuned.
            Plugins:
            BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
              Well, you can have a start up default speaker setup then you can select which zone you want to add later. Rigth now I have a dilemma where if aim playing music at a certain vol. and a TTS announcement kicks in the announcement kicks in at the same vol. (for my taste loud), But aim still waiting for an update of the program, to resolve this issue.
              The volume issue wasn't something I gave much thought to, since my audio and TTS speakers are for the most part different speakers. The only place they overlap is in my morning routine where HS plays a little music as we're waking, along with the morning announcements. From what I read the ESS equipment looks pretty sweet and I'm sure the plug-in will be as well once the bugs are all ironed out.
              Marty
              ------
              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
              Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I started another thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...d=1#post836282

But now that I have it working, the ESS has shown me its shine. The unit switches extremely fast I have several scripts that set all 11 modules and it can do it in about second.

The other really neat feature is the volume difference is neglible when turning on/off other zones. The AB8SS had a noticeable volume difference as you switched other zones on and off. I went from 9 active zones down to 1 and could not hear a difference in level. What this means is scripting will be a lot easier and the volume function of the ESS7 can be used as a true volume control instead of trying to use it to keep the level the same as events and such are turning zones on/off.

As I stated in the other thread, all but one bug is fixed and when that is done this is a nice solution with a good solid control script

Jack
                Over The Hill
                What Hill?
                Where?
                When?
                I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Working...
                X