No announcement yet.

Script Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know if it's possible for the ess script to read current state, save it, make some temporary changes, then restore the saved state?

I know that the ess has the ability to do "macros." I thought is that if we can get the current state saved to a macro and then "run" the macro from the script, we should be able to do something like this.

any clue?

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
      I believe the unencrypted script is posted at this post.

Let me know what you find out.

Gary

Thanks Gary...I will still need the password for the ZIP file, but this is a start.

Comment

Originally posted by scott12v View Post
        Thanks Gary...I will still need the password for the ZIP file, but this is a start.
        Thanks Ian for providing me with the appropiate files to figure this out.

I have things working, but I had to hack through a couple of the files to get everything set up.

First, it was throwing a string conversion error whenever first trying to read the devices into the configuration page. After some trial and error, I figured out which command it was trying to send to the device, and manually set the variable jvcommand to this command. The logic that manipulates the strings pdata and mydata resulting in a 4 digit jvcommand was sending the string "F]" instead of the command. After I manually updated this pvcommand the first time, I put the code back to the way it was and everything seemed to work. I was able to create the devices and seem to have no problem controlling my ESS modules.

It did create an extra device that was causing the config place to throw an error, but I deleted the extra device from the ini file and the error goes away. The third device is not reimported if I click the Update button.

The only issue that i have remaining is that upon opening the Com Port or click the refresh from ESS button, I still get an error in the log with the string conversion error message, but as far as I can tell, everything still works properly. I will try to debug these errors, but if I can't find anything, I'll probably just comment out the line that writes the log entry.

Long story short...

Thanks for the plugin!

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
          does anyone know if it's possible for the ess script to read current state, save it, make some temporary changes, then restore the saved state?

I know that the ess has the ability to do "macros." I thought is that if we can get the current state saved to a macro and then "run" the macro from the script, we should be able to do something like this.

any clue?

Ian
          Ian, When you were here I showed you how I had broken things down to individual devices? you could do something like that then save those variables and restore from that. I'll try to hack thru what I have to try and remember what exactly it was that I did (memory is short these days)
          Over The Hill
          What Hill?
          Where?
          When?
          I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Originally posted by scott12v View Post
            I know that I'm late to the game, but I just dusted off the ESS that has been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years. I just have two zones but thought I would try this plug in rather than scripting everything myself. I did a couple of test scripts and confirmed that the ESS works.

I am having the exact same problem that Gary mentions above. It sounds like I need to try the unencrypted version of the script....any chance that someone could sent it to me: Scott AT scottholman.com

Thanks!
            Scott, I'll see if I can dig thru this weekend, I have the functions script unencrypted that doesn't require a password. Lots of grey matter here as it has been a couple years since I messed with it. If memory serves me correctly it is becuase the script does not properly decode the module type. I had to hard code module type or something like that
            Over The Hill
            What Hill?
            Where?
            When?
            I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Working...
            X