Script Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script Update

Ok, I have been working with James and we have all but one bug worked out. I know on my setup with 11 ESS7 modules the module type was not getting set properly. If your config screen shows ESS7 in the second column under "Type" then you are not affected, if it shows "Unknown" then you have the same bug and the next release will fix that.

There was also an issue with the script command syntax. Here are the commands. If you have the encrypted version (most do) then you will need to change
    &hs.RunEx"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_Off","1"
    to
    &hs.RunEx"jvESS-Functions.vben","jvESS_Off","1"

&hs.RunEx"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_Off","1"
    &hs.runex"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_On","1"
    &hs.runex"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_AmpA","1"
    &hs.runex"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_AmpB","1"
    &hs.runex"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_VolDown","1"
    &hs.runex"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_VolUp","1"
    &hs.runex"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_VolSet","1|6"

You can use the script command in a script (Duh) or in the script statement window under action of an event.

In all of the above commands the "1" is referring to the zone/module number. In the last command "VolSet" the first number is the zone and the second number is the volume level.

I have built several scripts and the switching is fast, example I can switch all 11 zones from Amp A to Amp B in about 1 second
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Here is a screen shot of the config screen with the module_type properly detected
    Attached Files
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

If I could just remember everything...

the volup and voldown commands increment/decrement 1 step, so if the current level is at step 8 and you want it to be step 10, you can either send the volup command twice or use the volset command and set the level to 10

the proper syntax for using volup would be

&hs.runex"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_VolUp","4"

or

&hs.runex"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_VolSet","4|10"
      Over The Hill
      What Hill?
      Where?
      When?

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for this post. I think it will help a lot.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

So does this mean that we don't use the options in the action drop down list for the ESS??
          If so that means I would have to tell the ESS the following sequece in order for it to work:

jVESS_AMP A
          jVESS_ON
          JVESS_VOLSET 1/6
          JVESS_OFF
          Last edited by Rotech; September 29, 2008, 09:02 PM.
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
            So does this mean that we don't use the options in the action drop down list for the ESS??
            If so that means I would have to tell the ESS the following sequece in order for it to work:

jVESS_AMP A
            jVESS_ON
            JVESS_VOLSET 1/6
            JVESS_OFF
            For right now that is correct. A script can detect a status change but it cannot detect a value change that I know about. When I create the "plugin" it will be able to.

I am thinking of generating the appropriate HS events to capture the value change so that the actions can be used but I am probably a couple of weeks from that.
            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post

jVESS_AMP A
              jVESS_ON
              JVESS_VOLSET 1/6
              JVESS_OFF

Almost, turn the module on first or it won't see the switch to amp A
              so
              jvESS_On
              jvESS_AmpA
              jvESS_VolSet 1,6
              jvESS_Off

Keep in mind that you really don't need to turn the module on/off if you stop the media player, and if you are using it for TTS. just switch it to the TTS amp. That could simplify your events to just amp switching and volume

Jack
              Over The Hill
              What Hill?
              Where?
              When?

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post
                Thanks for this post. I think it will help a lot.

James You are welcome, this is an awesome script... Glad I could help

Jack
                Over The Hill
                What Hill?
                Where?
                When?

Comment

Guys, aim having a problem trying to understand How the commands work. I have a wake up call that should be heard only in the M.Bedroom, the way I have it now it does not turn off the other are the commands as follow?:
                  Attached Files
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I don't know anything about the jvESS script or the ESS equipment but looking at that event everything is triggering at once. Wouldn't you need to give the ESS equipment at least a second to setup before you start speaking?
                    Marty
                    ------
                    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Hector, post a screenshot of your jvESS config page please, also run the script and take a screenshot of your HS Log

Thanks

Jack
                      Over The Hill
                      What Hill?
                      Where?
                      When?

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                        I don't know anything about the jvESS script or the ESS equipment but looking at that event everything is triggering at once. Wouldn't you need to give the ESS equipment at least a second to setup before you start speaking?

Marty, yea good point. I haven't tried that experiment yet. I don't use my system that way. as with my AB8SS, and my ESS is setup the same. I always have all the inside zones on, only turning off the theater when we are in there and only turning on the outside speakers when we are outside. My biggest reason for switching from the AB8SS to the ESS is for the individual zone volume control, so I can "preset" the levels in each room. A discovered added bonus is the ESS is not prone to the levels varying as zones are turned on/off like the AB8SS is. So this opens more options like using a few of my spare keypadlincs for volume controls.
                        Since I have a dedicated whole house audio system and will not be using the ESS for switching between music and TTS, I haven't experimented with how long of a delay is needed between ESS device actions and speech
                        Over The Hill
                        What Hill?
                        Where?
                        When?

Comment

Ok, here is the log:

9/30/2008 9:05:06 AM - Info - Running script statement immediately: &hs.runex"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_ON","2"
                          9/30/2008 9:05:06 AM - Error 3 - Running script jvESS_Functions.vb :method not found
                          9/30/2008 9:05:06 AM - Info - Running script statement immediately: &hs.runex"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_AmpA","2"
                          9/30/2008 9:05:06 AM - jvESS_Functions - pCmd = 0203 myCmd = 0
                          9/30/2008 9:05:06 AM - jvESS_Functions - Sending to port = [0203]
                          9/30/2008 9:05:06 AM - Info - Running script statement immediately: &hs.runex"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_OFF","3"
                          9/30/2008 9:05:06 AM - Error 3 - Running script jvESS_Functions.vb :method not found
                          9/30/2008 9:05:06 AM - Info - Running script statement immediately: &hs.runex"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_OFF","1"
                          9/30/2008 9:05:06 AM - Info - Speak ():Anna, the time is <say-as type="time">9:05 AM</say-as>,.
                          Attached Files
                          Hector
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Hector,
                            Hard to tell but do you have a space between your hs.runex and the " ?
                            Also, Can you double check that you have the jvESS_Functions.vb and not the vben. I have given up in using the HS encoding tool because it is a majority of the problems. I have seperately e-mailed you the unencrypted versions.

Jack,
                            Please chime in with any installation issues he might have with the unencrypted version.
                            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

currently I have both the VB and VBen. Also is this the correct way hs.runex " or this hs.runex" ?
                              Hector
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                              X