com port problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

com port problem

I had to change some com port stuff around for my HS setup. I get this error in my log now, and I can't control the ess.

1/16/2009 1:18:42 PM jvESS_Functions.vb Error = Error in Connect = Error: Unable to obtain a handle to the COM port
    1/16/2009 1:18:42 PM Error In OpenComPort, error opening port: Unable to obtain a handle to the COM port
    1/16/2009 1:18:42 PM jvESS_Functions.vb Connect() to port = 3

I changed the port number in my startup/shutdown files, as well as in the config. page. I tried rebooting, didn't work. I am able to connect to the ESS with the ESS config program. I manually changed the settings of the comm port to match what is required (as seen in the JVess script at the connect area.

any ideas?
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Did you check the .ini file? the comm port number is there also
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Originally posted by jackpod View Post
      Did you check the .ini file? the comm port number is there also
      I didn't check that. I ended up changing the comport it was on to a different one that was available, then just changed it in the config screen, and it all worked out.
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Over The Hill
        What Hill?
        Where?
        When?
        I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Working...
        X