how would I...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how would I...

Ok the script works great, and I understand that with Ray going under and only a few of us actually getting the ESS units there isn't much call for changes and or additions to the script but, I really need to find a way to break down the device strings, 1) I don't use the web page of HS unless I am adding or making changes (I hate web pages!) 2) being a mainlobby user I need separate variables for on/off, amp a&b, and volume level. With the little graphicsembedded in the strings I am unable to divide the strings, so I looked at the ini file and the info I want/need is there. My question is how could I parse the ini file to break down each module into 3 separate variables for each module, example
    J31 module one power state
    J32 module one input state
    J33 module one volume level
    Ok, so I have 11 modules which would mean I would have 33 variables, but then I could create events and scripts to not only let me control the power state, input selection and volume from mainlobby (using the supplied commands) but also be able to display current status of each module. This is really a show-stopper for me, as it stands I am not able to utilize the ESS in my system the way I want to

Any ideas are welcome

Thanks
    J
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Jack,
    I just saw this, sorry i didn't see it sooner. I have some scripts that parse the device string and look for either the "on" "off" "A" "B" or a #, and take action based on that. it works well and may save time. let me know if you'd be interested in seeing them.
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
      Jack,
      I have some scripts that parse the device string and look for either the "on" "off" "A" "B" or a #, and take action based on that. it works well and may save time. let me know if you'd be interested in seeing them.
      I would like to see them. Post them if you would please.

Thanks
      Gary

Comment

I'll try to find time to upload them tonight.
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Here's the script. Please let me point out that I can't take credit for it - SteveA helped me with quite a bit of stuff, this being one such thing.

HTML Code:
          Sub Main()
          If Instr(hs.DeviceString("J1"),"On") > 0 Then
          hs.runex"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_Off","1"
          Else
          hs.runex"jvESS_Functions.vb","jvESS_On","1"
          End IF
          End Sub

This particular script checks the device string of J1 for the word "on". the script takes further action and turns it off if it is on, and conversly, turns it off if it is on.

The potential for this is limitless really. you could have it set a flag to "on" so that you don't have to do the whole thing in the script, or you could do it all in the script, like i have here. for instance, if you wanted to switch it to the B input IF it is on the A, or so on and so forth. same can be done with volume, because (at least in my setup) the volume, amp, and on/off is all in the device string.
          Plugins:

Comment

Thanks Ian, I'll see what I can come up with
            Over The Hill
            What Hill?
            Where?
            When?
            I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Working...
            X