Error now, after strange behavior..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error now, after strange behavior..

My ESS modules were/are acting strange and the jvESS config was displaying unusual configuration/status info. I disconnected the com port recycled power on the ESS modules, restarted HS and even rebooted but in the end I can not get my ESS audio to return to its normal operation.

Currently, I get the error:
    6/27/2010 1:23:00 PM ~!~jvESS_Config.aspx.vb~!~Error = An unexpected error occured in the loadWkStruct() function/subroutine: [System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "F" to type 'Short' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(S tring Value) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(S tring Value) at jvESS_Config.loadWkStruct(Int32 pModuleNo) in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\jvess\jvESS_Config.aspx.vb:line 81]

In my jvESS_Functions.vb Line 81 is:
    Public dQuote As Char = Chr(34)
    I have no idea why this would start to occur now, unless there is a module going bad. Anyone with any ideas?

The configuration displays two module settings for the speaker in the "Sewing Room" (zones 2 and 3) and $9 for the HS Device. See below. However the ini correctly shows zone 3 to be "Master Bath" and the zone to be $10. Further, when I try to correct it in the configuration, and "Update" the config, it refreshs and displays the duplicates again.

Thanks
    Gary
    Attached Files

Is this still an issue? It might be tomorrow or Thursday before I can look at it. Let me know.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Yes, James unfortunately it is still an issue. I think I know a little more about this error however. It appears to be caused by a dead/bad module. The error seems to occur after initialization, which does not report any errors, and upon the first and all subsequent commands to module #3. It has nasty effects, in that it kills the speaker app on the server and thus has the effect of killing all client audio. Currently, I have disabled the ESS vb initialization and all ESS events so the ESS modules are not being used. Anything you can tell me about this error would be appreciated. If you need any more information, let me know.

I have a spare module that I could use in place of #3, but I believe I recall something about these things being reconfigured before they were shipped and I haven't done any module reconfiguration for fear of creating an even worse problem. Do you know anything about the hardware and whether or not the module numbers are physically associated with them?

Thanks
      Gary

Comment

Working...
      X