Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon! MeiHarmonyHub! (Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    Can you let me know what you're running it on (windows or linux) and if possible, can you turn on debugging and change the activity on each hub and turn power them off then send it to me? The log should be in /logs/MeiHarmonyHub.log

It would be best to do the above from the remote, not HomeSeer so I can make sure you are getting the messages from the hub.

I may need to add more debugging if that doesn't work, but we can start there.
    Windows. Debug is now on so I'll watch the devices when its in use to see what happens and let you know in a day or so.

Comment

4 days in on 0.0.5.0 and no issues. I even put in a handful of events to notify me any time an Activity device changes so that I can know when an Activity Device changes and the plug-in has properly tracked all the changes in the hubs.

Only the Activity devices are tracked, but it is my understanding that the individual device controls cannot be updated by the hubs.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Only the Activity devices are tracked, but it is my understanding that the individual device controls cannot be updated by the hubs.
        That is correct, the hub never notifies anything that a device was updated (entertainment devices that is). It sort of makes sense, there is never a reason for their remotes or their phone apps to be notified of such an event.

Thank you for the update though. I had 2 forceful disconnects this weekend, but then I realized that it was because I was messing with my SSIDs on my unifi APs and they lost connection. Both times the hubs reconnected when the wifi came back up.

Comment

Beta Update

All, So far so good on my end. I've added a few more features.

HS is taking their time adding it to the updater and to the store. Because of this, I will release another beta this weekend with the updates I've done and an new expiration date of 3/31/2018 (one more month).

Pricing Update
          Note that I will be charging for this plugin, so after 3/31 you will have to pay. My initial thoughts are $39.99. If anyone has any thoughts on this pricing, please feel free to voice them here or via PM. I know there is a free plugin and one that costs ~$30 out there. I think mine is worth the extra money (to be honest, at first I was thinking closer to $49.99).

Features Update
          I have added the ability to determine when the plugin updates the HomeSeer activity device. You can choose from Activity Starts, Activity Finished and When the Hub updates it's internal activity (they happen in that order). There will also be triggers for each of these so that you can always trigger an event on any of them no matter which one you've chosen for this new feature (note the first 2 already have triggers).

I have added the ability to set repeats and repeat delays for each command separately.

I have a lot of new features I want to add. I am currently working on creating and saving macros. I'm stuck on making a user friendly interface, but the underlying structure is just a JSON string. If people want to try it out, i will try and include it in the next release with an event action to include the string. This would be an advanced feature as the JSON string will have to be formatted correctly otherwise it would fail. This will also include the ability to put in a "delay" between commands and overrides to the device command's built in settings.

That's it for now folks

Please let me know how your testing is going. I'm curious to see if anyone is having any forceful connects. I get at least 1 daily from one of my hubs, but I'm about 99.9% sure it is due to my wifi network and it swapping between my two unifi APs for some reason. Either way, it reconnects in under 1 second and has not affected functionality.

Comment

All is working good here.
            But did not setup and event for forceful connect.

39.99$ seems a fair price. Am I just wondering if it’s possible to sell my other harmony plugin licence. I, will contact HS3 to know.

Your plugin is very responsive. I d’ont get duplicated devices.

The things I would add are two meiharmony actions (when you create an event) .One to act on the activities, and one on the devices command.
            This would be more intuitive than going to 1.Change the device value 2 . Search for the device in a list of 300 devices

Thanks
            Matt.

Comment

I will add those two actions. They should be easy enough.
              • You will select the hub, then activity
              • You will select the hub, then device, then command.
                • I will also looking into adding custom repeat and repeat delays for this action (but it may come later). I.E. Living Room -> TV -> Volume Up: Repeat 5 times; 100ms Delay between repeats.

Note that soon I will also be adding an option to send a Macro/Sequence (which you can set up in the plugin config). This would allow to send multiple commands from 1 action, but I like your additions of the 2 above. I have a ton of devices too, and sometimes it's hard to find a device.

Comment

Thank you!

Yes the Macros will also save us a lot of time!

Comment

Honest feedback -

I've paid $39.99 for several plugins and consider it a fair price, but those plugins don't come with the chance of being made inoperative at any point by a change in proprietary API.

I have no way to judge the risk of the reverse engineering you've done becoming obsolete, and think I will roll the dice at $39.99 and take my chances. I'm assuming you'll make reasonable efforts to restore the functionality if the vendor makes a change. I DON'T think I would say the same at $49.99.

That said, I think it's a great plugin so far. Easily equal to the other plugin I paid for, and local API access is worth the second investment for the same hardware.

Comment

Beta Update

Please let me know how your testing is going. I'm curious to see if anyone is having any forceful connects. I get at least 1 daily from one of my hubs, but I'm about 99.9% sure it is due to my wifi network and it swapping between my two unifi APs for some reason. Either way, it reconnects in under 1 second and has not affected functionality.
                    I've had no disconnects/force connects since the last update. I also have 2 Unifi APs and 3 hubs and none have ever logged an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                      Honest feedback -

I've paid $39.99 for several plugins and consider it a fair price, but those plugins don't come with the chance of being made inoperative at any point by a change in proprietary API.

I have no way to judge the risk of the reverse engineering you've done becoming obsolete, and think I will roll the dice at $39.99 and take my chances. I'm assuming you'll make reasonable efforts to restore the functionality if the vendor makes a change. I DON'T think I would say the same at $49.99.

That said, I think it's a great plugin so far. Easily equal to the other plugin I paid for, and local API access is worth the second investment for the same hardware.
                      +1 pretty much agree...

That said, this plugin is blazing fast by comparison to the one I have been using!!!

I started testing today and wow, just what I was hoping for, commands execute as fast from HomeSeer as if using the harmony remote. This brings working with Harmony/HomeSeer/HSTouch etc. to a whole new level. In my opinion the plugin author has demonstrated some serious skill in the design and execution so far.

Regards,

Comment

Version 3.0.1.0
                        * Expires 3/31/18
                        * Addead by Device and by Command Repeat and repeat delay settings.
                        * Added 2 convenience actions - Send Activity and Send Device Command
                        * Added setting for determining when HomeSeer Activity device is updated.
                        * Lots of behind the scenes optimizations and code cleanup.

Note the 2 actions were added as merely a convenience, However, for the "Send Device command" if you enable the advanced mode in the events screen you get up to more options:
                        • Repeat - Repeat the command x times (if it is 3, the command will be sent a total of 3 times). If left blank, it will default to 1 (no repeats).
                        • Repeat Delay - The amount of time between each time the command is sent. if it is set to 500ms with Repeats set to 3, then it will send the command, wait 500ms, send the command again, wait 500ms, then finally send it a final time (total time ~1000ms).

Note that the above should override all other settings for that command.

The previous version expires tonight at midnight. I tried to get a version out sooner, but we've been dealing with a bunch of sick kids and adults...LOL.

I'm also still waiting on HS to release the developer portal so I can put it in the store and updater. They made it sound like they won't let me do this one the old way, which I'm not a fan of because it's been over 2 weeks now.

Comment

Version 3.0.1.0
                          * Expires 3/31/18
                          * Addead by Device and by Command Repeat and repeat delay settings.
                          * Added 2 convenience actions - Send Activity and Send Device Command
                          * Added setting for determining when HomeSeer Activity device is updated.
                          * Lots of behind the scenes optimizations and code cleanup.

Note the 2 actions were added as merely a convenience, However, for the "Send Device command" if you enable the advanced mode in the events screen you get up to more options:
                          • Repeat - Repeat the command x times (if it is 3, the command will be sent a total of 3 times). If left blank, it will default to 1 (no repeats).
                          • Repeat Delay - The amount of time between each time the command is sent. if it is set to 500ms with Repeats set to 3, then it will send the command, wait 500ms, send the command again, wait 500ms, then finally send it a final time (total time ~1000ms).

Note that the above should override all other settings for that command.

The previous version expires tonight at midnight. I tried to get a version out sooner, but we've been dealing with a bunch of sick kids and adults...LOL.

I'm also still waiting on HS to release the developer portal so I can put it in the store and updater. They made it sound like they won't let me do this one the old way, which I'm not a fan of because it's been over 2 weeks now.

Hi!

Thanks for this update.

I changed all my events to try the new action options you added. All is working fine there.

I also tried the repeat and delay setting . That is a very nice feature, as a know some command that i need to repeat.. just in case. AND my events look cleaner.

But got this when i pressed the buttons ''save command setting''. The feature works.. but not sure why i see all this code. Please let me know if there is any personnal information (related to me) in this code. If so. i will remove the picture.but i see nothing personal. ** picture removed**

Edit :I also tried the advanced mode for this in the event section. It works perfectly . I am very happy with this plugin!
                          Last edited by ; March 22, 2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                            Hi!

Thanks for this update.

I changed all my events to try the new action options you added. All is working fine there.

I also tried the repeat and delay setting . That is a very nice feature, as a know some command that i need to repeat.. just in case. AND my events look cleaner.

But got this when i pressed the buttons ''save comand setting''. The feature works.. but not sure why isee all this code. Please let me know if there is any personnal information (related to me) in this code. If so. i will remove the picture.but i see nothing personal
                            Yeah, sorry, I meant to remove that button. The settings save automatically as you change them. I will put out a new version shortly, hopefully with a new device for monitoring the Sleep Timers

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                              Please let me know if there is any personnal information (related to me) in this code. If so. i will remove the picture.but i see nothing personal.
                              I've seen the issue and know the fix and though I don't believe there is any personal information, you can remove the image if you want.

Comment

I've seen the issue and know the fix and though I don't believe there is any personal information, you can remove the image if you want.
                                Thank you for your feedback. Removed the picture cuz it takes all the place here. Automatisation is OCD'ing me lol

Comment

Working...
                                X