Wrong Command Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Command Order

I have setup sever events to change channels via alexa by letting alexa discover as a scene.

The command I am using is:

[{Command:"Number7"},{Command:"Number2"},{Command:"Number5"}]

When ran the first time, it will go to channel 275 but when ran a second time it will properly go to 725

Any ideas?

Originally posted by mbg0333 View Post
    I have setup sever events to change channels via alexa by letting alexa discover as a scene.

The command I am using is:

[{Command:"Number7"},{Command:"Number2"},{Command:"Number5"}]

When ran the first time, it will go to channel 275 but when ran a second time it will properly go to 725

Any ideas?
    Does it do this every time? For isntance, does it always do 275 then 725. Then the next time it's 275 then 725 again?

I assume that .net keeps the order of the commands in the JSON, but I could be wrong. I will run some extensive testing to try and see if this is happening. If I can reproduce it at will, I have an idea to fix it.

Comment

I found something that I never thought of before. There is a setting for inter-command delay (the delay between each command sent to a device). I have it set to 1ms by default for all devices.

I'm wondering if they are sent in the correct order, but received in the wrong order. I was wondering if you could try something for me:

Go to the plugin settings and then the "Devices" Tab. Then select the hub, then the device you are using. After selecting the device the next dropdown should default to "Device Settings" and under that are 3 settings. Can you change the last one to 500? (.5 seconds between commands).

See if this fixes it and if it does, then let me know. I'm going to default that to 500ms in future versions as 1ms I think is a bit too optimistic. Also, if it works, you can tweak that value to speed it up if you want until you feel it's as fast as you want, but doesn't cause you any issues.

I've attached a screenshot of what I mean.
      Attached Files

Comment

I will check this out tonight and report back. Thanks for the response.

Comment

500 ms a little too slow...

300 ms seems to do the trick. I changed it on all three of my hubs so hopefully were are good to go.

Comment

Working...
          X