Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Notices! - MeiHarmonyHub (Logitech Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important Notices! - MeiHarmonyHub (Logitech Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

This post will be updated with important notices regarding the MeiHarmonyHub plugin.

The thread will be locked so only I can post to it, but feel free to start a new thread on any discussions.

Inter-Device Command delay in versions prior to 3.0.3.13

In versions prior to 3.0.3.13 the inter-device command delay was 1ms. It turns out for some devices this is too fast and commands can be sent out of order (most likely due to network traffic).

as of 3.0.3.13 and on going, the default is now 500ms. This might seem a bit slow during usage and it is completely fine to go below this value. One user suggested 300ms worked best for them and their device.

Originating Thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=196042

Comment

I ran across this today in regards to the Harmony Hub and connection issues. If you are having some connection issues (plugin disconnecting and reconnecting), consider trying this:

I recently upgraded my DSL/WiFi router and from that day I lost connection to the Hub multiple times a day. The Hubs light would turn red and only turning it off and on again would restore connectivity. After some research I found that the WiFi implementation of the Hub is pretty crappy and Logitech has a very short list of (old) modems they support. For a WiFi connected device this is, well, let's say 'odd'.

What I found is that if you lock the 2.4GHz WiFi channel on your router to a specific one rather than letting your WiFi router dynamically find the best the problem nearly goes away. The connectivity issues are now less that once every two to three weeks.
      So if the plugin disconnects a lot, try the above and see if it helps out..

Comment

Working...
      X