Error when Activity Started event is triggered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when Activity Started event is triggered

Sorry if this has been discussed already but the error is too generic to do a useful search.

I just installed the plugin in trial mode. I didn't have any problems adding the hub and devices but I get an error in the log every time the event triggers.

I created an event that simply writes to the HS log and is triggered when an activity is started.

Here's the log message I get when the event triggers.

Calling HSEvent in plugin MeiHarmonyHub, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Last edited by kenm; September 20, 2018, 11:27 PM. Reason: Changed "can't get event to work" to "get an error in the log every time the event triggers".
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

I have posted on this error and also get it.

Comment

I did some more testing and I realize that I get this error every time an activity is started or shutdown, even if there isn't an event associated to the activity.

Attached is a debug log of when the error occurs.

Hopefully this will help.
      Ken
      Attached Files
      Last edited by kenm; September 24, 2018, 11:30 PM.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
        I did some more testing and I realize that I get this error every time an activity is started or shutdown, even if there isn't an event associated to the activity.

Attached is a debug log of when the error occurs.

Hopefully this will help.
        Ken
        I've been having the same issue. I get that error every time I use the Tap switch to turn on or off the Hue lights.

"Calling HSEvent in plugin MeiHarmonyHub, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
        Last edited by pcourt; September 25, 2018, 06:15 AM. Reason: Edit: grammar

Comment

I'm about 99.9% sure I know the cause of this and will release a fix tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
            I'm about 99.9% sure I know the cause of this and will release a fix tonight.
            I have a fix for this. I will put out a beta tonight to fix it.

Comment

Working...
            X